Full Time Job
Project Manager, Content Production
Vice Media Group
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
Role x Team
Project Managers are the execution anchor to all sold content programs. We work cross-functionally with Account Management & Media Strategy, as well as the Branded Creator team (which includes video, photo, editorial, social, talent, events, and product) to successfully execute small-, mid-, and large-scale content programs. The PM is the internal hub of the program and is the key stakeholder tasked with maintaining all communications, timeline and budget from kickoff through launch date. The ideal candidate will have the ability to truly drive a project forward, anticipate needs, facilitate communication and thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Role x You
• Understand the project vision, assess requirements of the project to develop the scope/timelines, milestones and the specific deliverables to effectively and efficiently ensure all sold projects are executed on brand and on time.
• Ability to manage and provide executional ownership for all Canada Branded Content
• Understand the program KPIs, assess requirements to develop and evolve production plans and timelines through launch
• Creation and management of program schedules, deliverables, resources, deadlines, budgets
• Partner with revenue, creative, editorial, video and product to ensure smooth execution process; Task assignment and management of short order and long order tasks for copy, design, photo, edit, video, and technology
• Understand the risk and challenges of projects but be able to respond to and proactively manage solutions as well; Consistently bring a positive outlook and calm but commanding leadership presence in order to lead all groups toward the common goal
• Work with internal branded content & production leads to assess scope and determine what will be created in-house vs. what will be freelanced.
• On occasion, will be tasked to stand up and supervise production shoots, which includes but not limited to:
• Hiring directors and photographers
• Hiring crew, equipment and studio rentals
• Supervising casting with casting leads
• Serving as post-producer in consultation with global post-production team
• Maintain ''bench'' of key Canadian freelance writers, designers and producers to contact for quick turn projects & long-term programs
• Serve as the creative production lead, taking creative's vision and bringing it to life through editorial, video, or social.
• Comfortable participating in the development of story ideas by researching and writing copy for pitches and creative briefs
• Conducting pre-interviews of prospective contributors
• Developing creative into executable editorial / photo concept or video treatment and shooting guide
• Act as key liaison between account management and freelancers / internal post-production team to ensure smooth workflow for deliverable
You have these:
• Confident, calm and collected with strong people management chops - ability to lead a team from both a project and people perspective
• Must be passionate and respectful of the creative process, acting as the supportive, problem-solving anchor within any large-scale execution
• Ability to work autonomously
• Must thrive in a face-paced environment and possess a strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines at once
• A strong understanding of content production in the Canadian market
• Be a savvy, confident, problem solving ninja
We'd love if you also had:
• 5 years of prior branded content project management experience within an established online media publication or an ad agency
• Strong content production acumen, understanding the process of developing branded content from pitch to delivery
• Building strong and quality relationships with all teams and departments to facilitate flawless collaboration
• Must have exceptional communication, collaboration, and attention to detail skills
• A genuine interest in youth culture, digital advertising and specifically, branded content
• Process-oriented, but can easily adapt and bring forth solutions to a growing company with an evolving process
• Demonstrates proactive thinking and anticipates new needs; whether it's interrogating and implementing new processes, or identifying new creative solutions.
• Solid knowledge of project management methodology and use of Project Management tools (Asana, Google, Slack)
Vice Media Group
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.