VP, North America Sales
Vice Media Group
Role x You
Assists the Production Payroll Manager in the overall end to end processing of the weekly payroll, that pays the Vice Media production teams using Cast & Crew software. Primarily responsible for a subset of the population to accurately and timely prepare the weekly onboarding of new production staff as well as the entry of time into the Showbiz timekeeping system. The position will also work to ensure proper accounting of time and projects so they align with business needs. The role is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
• Processes about 200 - 300+ payments each week for assigned verticals, ensuring a 1-week turnaround for all accurate payroll submissions.
• Reviews payroll submissions for accuracy and coordinates resolution for any discrepancies.
• Coordinates with Cast & Crew to ensure accuracy of payments and invoices.
• Brainstorms with the Production Payroll Manager to produce creative solutions for challenges that may arise.
• Communicates with production teams to relay proper paperwork submission practices.
• Coordinates weekly tasks with the other Production Payroll Specialist. Follows up to ensure weekly completion of record management, export sharing, and paycheck distribution.
• Lends support when a team effort is needed for completion.
• Maintains a positive attitude and clear communication in the team effort of production payroll.
• Implements practices that protect sensitive data and are aligned with Vice's Clean Desk policy.
• Cast & Crew and Showbiz software skills required
• Production payroll or media accounting experience required
• Microsoft Office skills required
• Knowledge of television or film business unions such as SAG, WGA, DGA and IATSE
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkn5n-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.