Associate Counsel, Commercial
Vice Media Group
Production Business Manager
The Production Business Manager will work with Producers and Client Services, and will liaise with Virtue Legal in support of all Virtue production.
This position will report directly to the Head of Creative Production.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Virtue Legal and R&C to review creative materials and to assess any talent, copyright, and intellectual property issues
• Coordinate with legal counsel in resolving potential production liabilities and creating solutions for agency and clients
• Work with producers to negotiate and prepare talent contracts, including standard SAG-AFTRA, over-scale, non-union talent, and print model agreements before sending to Legal
• Manage third party contracts and in coordination with Virtue Legal to ensure compliance with client SOWs
• Work with producers and Cost Consultants to evaluate and negotiate bids
• Work with producers to prepare formal production estimates for client approval
• Work with producers to prepare ballpark estimates
• Review vendor agreements to ensure they meet job requirements and compliance standards
• Consult with Legal to address potential union (e.g. SAG-AFTRA, etc.) issues to ensure compliance.
• Work with producers to issue session reports and final cast reports
• Work with producers and Legal to create and issue award documents
• Work with producers to prepare and submit overage and cost change reports to Clients/ Cost Consultant for approval
• Work with producers to actualize and close out jobs and to ensure all job files are complete with all paperwork
• Keep abreast of ANA, 4A's, JPC, AICP, and AICE Best Practices
• Manage union claims, audits or reporting requirements
• Manage talent payment, residual projections, and contract renewals when necessary
• Approve and facilitate invoice approvals and payment
EXPERIENCE + EDUCATION + MANDATORIES
• Bachelor's degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
• 3 -5 years of relevant experience (Studio or Agency Production experience preferred)
• Expert collaborator with strong written and verbal skills
• Sound judgment and effective decision-making skills
• Deep knowledge of SAG-AFTRA, JPC, legal compliance, advertising standards and best practices
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.