Associate RPA Developer
London, United Kingdom
Role x You
The Product Support Specialist sits within our Product & Engineering team and provides the first level of support to VICE Media Group's editorial team. You will assist them with any issues pertaining to our content management system, user facing website and performance.
• As a Product Support Specialist, you will receive and review support tickets submitted from the VICE internal teams such as bugs, new accounts and feature requests.
• If a question cannot be resolved via troubleshooting, you will be expected to use available resources and consult with the Product & Engineering team to advance the resolution of the issue in a timely manner.
• More immediate issues will be acknowledged and resolved via our I.M communication tool.
• For bugs and issues that require development work, you will be required to write a ticket describing the issue, including instructions on how to reproduce it and what the expected outcome should be.
• You will be expected to create, maintain and share regular reports including high-priority issues and progress of open tickets which will be shared in bi-weekly meetings with our P&E, Editorial & AdOps teams.
• You will be expected to respond to our external product users regarding issues they may be facing via Zendesk.
• Support responsibilities described above will take up about 80% of your time. In addition, you will be required to engage in activities such as sending out communications for bug fixes and mandatory maintenance (which may be outside your regular hours), training or to participate in company events such as product launches, at the request of the Product team.
• Experience in a frontline technical support role
• Familiarity with Agile ticketing systems (we use Jira)
• Strong written (we use Slack & FreshService) and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable with surfacing and explaining issues to a large group
• Working knowledge of editorial content management systems - particularly WordPress - strongly preferred
• High attention to detail and self-organisation skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team
• A passion for tech within a media and journalism space, particularly Refinery29 and VICE
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zv4j-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.