VICE x News
The award-winning VICE News team develops and produces news content across VICE platforms and partner platforms. The news team focuses on in-depth longform storytelling and unique and creative ways to relay topical daily news. This is a collaborative team that works together to make everyone's stuff better. We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and bringing on a diverse group of people who love working together to make the best, most unique news content out there.
Role x You
As a producer for Vice News Tonight and other Vice News platforms, you are always ready to get out there and make stuff. Stuff that's compelling and innovative and wildly different from what everyone else is doing. You constantly pitch and know how to find the right characters to tell the best version of the story. You are adept in the field and in the edit bay and work well with a team to get it all done.
In the short term… you will pitch stories that you find fascinating, tell us why, and then go out into the world and make them. You will see your stories through from the original idea, to development, to field shoots, and finally, the scripting, editing, and finishing process.
After 6 months in this role… You'll know exactly the kind of pitch that will get greenlit and you're making pieces you're passionate about every month. You'll delve into specialty fields and maybe even pitch a full special or series.
And after a year.. You will have a lot of pieces under your belt, constantly pushing the limit and thinking differently, and training new members of the staff on how to do it the right way.
You have these:
• Minimum of 3 years experience doing stories from start to finish, carrying it from your pitch to field shoot to edit to delivery
• Ability to develop and pitch unique story ideas and angles, with research to back it up
• Excellent news judgment
• Understanding of story arc and how to build characters, scenes, and moments
• Able to work efficiently and deftly in the field
• Excellent writing and script editing skills
• Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
• Able to work on tight deadlines as needed
• Able to think differently about stories; see it from a different perspective
We'd love if you also had these:
• Long-form and/or documentary experience
• Experience working on tight deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y866-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.