Project Manager, Black
Vice Media Group
New York, NY
Media Strategist (Temporary)
Media Strategist (6 month temporary position)
Role x You
You'll be the ''go-to'' media planning expert for a pod of sales individuals as well as for clients, tackling client media planning and partnerships, overseeing and collaborating with peers on daily projects, and artfully creating media strategy and translating it into smart client media plans. The role is central to the pre-sale process and is a 4-week temporary position.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategic Media Planning -- develop media plans both in response to client RFP's and proactively to drive business, providing direct support to the VICE MEDIA GROUP sales team
• Complete all requested material from clients as part of building media plans (ad specifications, screenshots, audience information, etc.)
• Work and collaborate with internal departments (Campaign Managers, Ad Operations, Producers, Sales, etc.) to ensure that all proposed pre-sale media plan elements are sound for VICE MEDIA GROUP and for the prospective clients
• Provide media expertise acrossdigital channels as part of the sales pitch process, participating in client meetings and email communication
• Develop strategic media distribution material to accompany clients proposals and pitches -- create slides, program structures, distribution visuals, etc.
• Work with internal teams to develop campaign measurement goals and KPI's
• This role is focused on pre-sale media planning to drive smart advertising partnerships for VICE MEDIA GROUP
• 2 - 3 years of strategic media planning experience at an agency, publisher or related media business
• High proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint
• Fluency with Google Drive
• Expertise in ''media math''
• High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
• Excellent Communication Skills -- high aptitude for managing expectations
• Solutions Oriented -- propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
• Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency -- takes pride and accountability for the work and possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
• Media Confidence -- articulating rationale for thinking both internally and to clients
• Informed -- curious and interested in media industry news and literature
• Collaborative -- happy to and willing to work with others to create the best result
• Passion for oneself, our company and the media industry
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkko8-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.