Role x You:
The Media Strategist is the ''go-to'' media expert for a pod of sales individuals as well as for clients, tackling quality control for all client media planning and partnerships, overseeing and collaborating with peers on daily projects, and artfully creating media strategy and translating it into smart client media plans. The role is central to the pre-sale process and as well as the post-sale process.
• Strategic Media Planning -- develop media plans both in response to client RFP's and proactively to drive business, providing direct support to the VICE sales force
• Complete all requested material from clients as part of building media plans (ad specifications, screenshots, audience information, etc.)
• Work and collaborate with internal departments (Campaign Managers, Ad Operations, Producers, Publishers, Sales, etc.) to ensure that all proposed pre-sale media plan elements are sound for VICE and for the prospective clients
• Provide media expertise across both digital and offline channels as part of the sales pitch process, leading client meetings and email communication
• Act as the leading media expert for the by supporting and educating the sales force on all integrated media distribution topics, with a focus on digital
• Develop strategic media distribution material to accompany clients proposals and pitches -- create slides, program structures, distribution visuals, etc.
• Work with internal teams to develop campaign measurement goals and KPI's
• This role is focused on pre-sale media planning to drive smart advertising partnerships for VICE Media
You have these:
• Minimum 1 year of previous strategic media planning experience at an agency, publisher or related media business
• High proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint
• Fluency with Google Drive
• Expertise in ''media math''
• High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
• Excellent Communication Skills -- high aptitude for managing expectations
• Solutions Oriented -- propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
• Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency -- takes pride and accountability for the work and possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
• Media Confidence -- articulating rationale for thinking both internally and to clients
• Informed -- curious and interested in media industry news and literature
• Collaborative -- happy to and willing to work with others to create the best result
• Passion for oneself, our company and the media industry
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
The salary range is subject to change and may be amended in the future. Experience, education, skills, and other factors are considered when determining the salary offered.
Pay Range Details:
New York/California: 51,000 - 65,000 USD
Outside New York/California: 45,000 - 57,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnj531-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.