Role x You
Vice Media seeks a motivated Accounting Manager to join our team in our Virtue line of business. The ideal candidate will have a CPA and public accounting experience, and will have worked for clients in the advertising/marketing agency industry. This position will support the North America Controllership and Virtue CFO and involve a mix of month-end close functions, technical analysis, and business support. This position offers growth opportunity for the right candidate.
• Managing the North America accounting and general ledger activities as it relates to Vice's Virtue line of business
• Reviewing monthly results and performing fluctuation analysis
• Performing ad-hoc analysis
• Assisting the Controllership with managing year-end audit requests
• Coordinating with finance contacts for Vice's international offices on issues related to non-NA entities
• Implementing processes and timelines to ensure deadlines are met for Vice's corporate close schedule
• Assisting with budgeting and forecasts
• Oversight of 1 team member
• Other duties as needed
You have these:
• 5+ years of professional experience
• Public and private accounting experience required, CPA preferred
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP particularly relating to revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements
• Experience working in Agencies and familiarity with systems such as Netsuite
• Experience determining accounting treatments and communicating conclusions to senior management
• An ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of accounting and finance
• Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
• An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• A good balance of being detail-oriented and understanding the 'bigger picture'
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjbqo-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.