Associate Manager, Email Subscription Marketing
New York, NY
Role x Team:
Vice Media Group is in pursuit of a smart and driven Lifestyle Editor to join our branded content team. Under the branded lifestyle umbrella, we cover home, tech, news, health, food & drink, work & money, and entertainment.
Role x You:
We're looking for someone who has experience writing and editing for these categories, particularly with tech and news, who can make sure that we translate clients' visions into deliverables that feel right for our brand. You are quick on your feet, adaptable, organized, and can think outside of the box for any RFP we receive. You care deeply about VMG Lifestyle's ability to drive influential conversations in this space, constantly elevating VMG as a thought leader in the branded content and digital media space. You are optimistic, driven, and are a generous collaborator, always eager to make a story stronger and more impactful.
• Write, commission, and edit custom branded content within the lifestyle category, including editorial features and social content for Vice and Refinery29
• Partner with the Deputy Director of Branded Content as a creative contributor in pre-sale brainstorming and planning.
• Maintain VMG's brand voice, integrity, and POV in all copy.
• Help grow freelancer network, making sure our content is smart, elevated, and leading the lifestyle conversation.
• Assist Senior Editors, Director of Branded Content, and Creative Direction team with writing and logistics of sold programs/stories from the editorial side. This includes working with editors for seamless integration; liaising with photo, design, and marketing teams; and producing content from start to finish, in order to meet strict client deadlines.
You have these:
• At least 3+ years of professional writing and editing experience within digital media required (experience with tech and news writing strongly preferred).
• A strong understanding of Vice and Refinery29's individual voices.
• Must be an excellent editor and writer, with a creative vision, spot-on judgment, and the ability to take raw copy and turn it into something truly special.
• A genuine interest in digital advertising and specifically branded content.
• Willingness to make editorial judgment calls in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and to flag and escalate any potential issues to Deputy Director when necessary.
• A flawless command of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Never-ending patience and a collaborative, make it work attitude.
Equal opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9p2b-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.