VICE x Team
Data Services provides data and the infrastructure for working with it to analysts and business stakeholders across the company. We are responsible for making sure that data and reports are delivered reliably and accurately.
We use S3 to store raw data and use Snowflake and Spark for processing, with end-user reporting delivered through Domo. Orchestration is handled with Apache Airflow
Role x You:
You are an experienced python engineer with experience working in data pipelines and batch processing.
You have experience working within a team and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders. You write code that is easy to read, defensive and stable.
You are always looking for a better solution and believe in self-directed learning.
• 5+ years experience in Python or other scripting languages
• Experience with any of Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Oozie, etc.
• Strong SQL skills, especially in Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.
• Experience consuming APIs.
• Knowledgeable about data modeling and data warehousing patterns.
• Experience working within an AWS environment.
• Comfortable on the command line
We'd love if you also had these:
• Media, Advertising, or Consulting experience.
• Exposure to Salesforce, Google Analytics, Netsuite, Google Ad Manager.
• Experience working with Apache Spark.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines, AWS ECS and Terraform.
• Experience with analysis and deriving insights from data
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb7q1-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.