VICE Media is seeking a talented Android engineer to join our Mobile Engineering Team and participate in the development of the company's flagship Android apps. The engineer will work closely with the Product, Design / UX, and API teams to work on native development across the VICE ecosystem as well as help build the next generation of VICE mobile experiences.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with team members, designers, backend engineers, platform team and other stakeholders to define and ship new features in a fast paced environment
• Stay on top of new APIs, third-party libraries, and other technical developments in the mobile community
• Build new views and controller logic
• Resolve issues and bugs in the existing VICE apps
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience working primarily in Android
• Focus and attention to detail in written and verbal communication
• Strong sense of product ownership and self-directed approach
• Clear understanding of and experience with offline storage, promises, networking, multithreading, and performance tuning
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem, including which libraries to avoid and why
• Keen understanding of Google's Android Design Principles and interface guidelines
• Deeply passionate about design and user experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate on technical challenges
• Experience with Accessibility features and compliance
• Experience and familiarity with mobile native automated testing best practices
• Experience developing for OTT devices (Roku, Android TV, Samsung SmartTV, etc.)
• Experience with modern Video streaming technologies and optimizing rich multimedia workflows
• Demonstrated success shipping at least one public-facing mobile app
• Experience working with diverse teams of engineers, designers, and testers
• Experience working with networking libraries and retrieving data via REST & GraphQL API requests
• Experience working with Adobe TVE, MVPD Providers
• Experience integrating display and video advertising technologies
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbojy6-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.