Media Cloud Engineer
Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
VICE x Team
Vice is a large and complex business that uses a wide variety of SaaS and internal tools to manage our day to day operations. Information Systems owns many of these tools and provides integrated solutions to make them talk to each other. We ensure the smooth running of automation, enabling sales, HR, accounting and finance processes, and more. Our team is cross-functional and contains enterprise architects, engineers, systems and owners and other SMEs, and we work closely with the wider business to discover and define requirements. Vice operates an incredibly diverse business across several continents, and every solution needs to account for this diversity. Members of the Information Systems team have broad exposure to all parts of our business and appreciate the big picture.
Role x You
We use Mulesoft as our integration platform, and you will be taking ownership of Mulesoft development and deployment at Vice. This involves communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders, providing solutions to integration problems, and seeing them through to deployment. You will also be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of existing integration solutions and have the ability to improve and adjust them as you see fit.
You will understand the needs of the end-users of the systems you work with and how this relates to Vice's broader business practices. Being able to absorb new concepts is crucial, and during your time at Vice, you will develop a good understanding of how our business operates.
You have experience finding solutions and integration development, you are a firm believer in quality software, and you continually seek to improve business processes and yourself.
- 4+ years working with Mulesoft or similar IPaaS platform
- 4+ years working on Enterprise Architecture
- Experience consuming REST & SOAP APIs both for discovery and when working within the IPaaS
- Knowledge of common API patterns, authentication and messaging structure.
- Exposure to some of our key systems: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, Concur
- Some experience working within a central services team
- Some scripting or general programming experience (especially DataWeave or Java)
We'd love if you also had these:
- Some knowledge of basic corporate sales and accounting processes
- Experience testing integration solutions (automated testing, UAT, SIT etc.)
- Experience with near real-time and asynchronous systems, work queues, pub/sub etc
- Exposure to AWS, especially SQS, CloudWatch and SecretsManager
- Some essential SQL experience
- Experience with continuous deployment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n8y9-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.