You will be responsible for overseeing the grievance redressal mechanism of complaints pertaining to Vice content that is available in India.
This is a full-time role located in India. You must be a resident of India. This role is part of the Legal team within Vice. You will work closely with colleagues across different teams (including Legal, Content, and News), providing your subject-matter expertise in consultation with the Legal team.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
• Work on complaints pertaining to content on Vice's media channels, coordinating with different teams and ensuring resolution is provided to the complainant within pre-defined timelines.
• Work with the legal team to advise internal teams on certain matters pertaining to the above-mentioned complaints.
• Review content from a statutory perspective and assist in grading content
• Ensure adherence to relevant internal policies and processes, driving process improvement, including identifying communication and process gaps, and addressing them.
• Assist the internal teams in responding to and managing regulatory inquiries relevant to complaints and grievances in relation to content.
• Recommending developments to grievance mechanisms for Vice to receive, acknowledge, and dispose of complaints from members of the public.
• Ensuring the deliverables are met in a timely manner.
• You are a mid-to-senior-career professional (minimum 5 years relevant work experience) with experience in grievance redressal, preferably in the media & publishing industry.
• Preferably a lawyer or a professional familiar with Indian regulations, and in particular, knowledge of, and experience with, laws relating to censorship, content, news publishers, and media.
• Fluency in both English and Hindi is a must. Fluency in another Indian language is an advantage.
• Ability and willingness to work off-hours, including weekends and holidays, in order to support emergency matters.
• Ability to travel (if required) within India (subject to prevailing COVID travel guidelines and restrictions)
• Experience working in the media, publishing industry in the private sector or with a major multinational company is strongly preferred.
• Must be a citizen and resident of India.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx2ym-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.