VP, Corporate Communications
Vice Media Group
VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds
of art and design.
VICE x Team
The Vice Media Group Finance team is seeking a detail oriented, hands-on manager that will drive financial planning and analysis for the Vice Digital North America business.
Role x You
This role requires an inclusive team player to partner with business leaders in order to continue to improving our financial foundation and leading transformation efforts to achieve sustained profitability. This individual will work with cross-functional leaders to track, monitor, and drive financial accountability for Vice, Refinery29 and i-D brands within North America. This role will also have extensive interactions with the company's finance leadership including the CFO, Global News and Entertainment. The role will report to the Director of Finance, VICE Digital and be based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
• Lead Digital North America FP&A efforts including annual budgeting, forecasting, KPI analysis, financial reporting and ad hoc financial analysis:
• Support the annual operating budget process for Vice, R29 and i-D brands across North America
• Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
• Must be adept in scenario planning and modeling as ad hoc analysis and needs for profitability reviews will occur on a regular basis
• Own the monthly & quarter-end close process end-to-end, flagging any potential issues/risks through timely variance analysis
• Maintain a deep understanding of our financial processes and refine them to scale with the growth of the company
• Partner with the Accounting group to manage close timelines, process and reporting
• Manage and organize financial data to enable our team to move fast supporting the business as a whole
• Generate, maintain and automate financial reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. C-Suite, Lenders and BoD).
• Prepare periodic ad-hoc analysis and financial business reviews, highlighting key areas of focus
• Assist in preparation of presentation materials for key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. C-Suite, Lenders and BoD).
• Partner closely with key stakeholders across Vice, R29 and i-D brands in the US and Canada and drive financial rigor to operating plans and strategies:
• Improve operating teams' understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership
• Continue to maximize profitability of Vice Digital North America through detailed financial modeling and clear thinking on product mix driving most optimal top line and bottom line growth
• Establish, track and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
In the short term you'll lead Digital North America FP&A efforts including forecasting, KPI analysis, financial reporting and ad hoc analysis. Reporting to the Director of Finance, VICE Digital, you'll develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business, as well as own the monthly & quarter-end close process end-to-end, flagging any potential issues/risks through timely variance analysis.
But after 6 months in this role we see you partnering closely with key stakeholders across Vice, R29 and i-D brands in the US and Canada and driving financial rigor to operating plans and strategies. You will also assist in preparation of presentation materials for key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. C-Suite, Lenders and BoD).
And after a year you'll grow to have a deep understanding of our financial processes and find ways to improve and automate to scale with the growth of the company.
You have these:
• BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics
• 3-5 years experience with progressive levels of responsibility in an FP&A, corporate finance, consulting or strategic finance role
• Digital and/or Media experience preferred
• Detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
• Strong business acumen & passionate about using data to drive business decisions
• Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modeling skills are a must!
• Experience with NetSuite, Alteryx and/or other advanced business intelligence/reporting tools
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.