Vice Media Group
Executive Producer (Pulse)
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, Commercials, Pulse Films USA
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
Pulse Films x Team
Pulse Films is a next generation studio that develops, creates and finances films irrespective of format or platform. A global home for a wide spectrum of talent shaping the future of visual storytelling. Pulse Films was built on 3 basic principles back in 2005:
• A TRULY MULTI-DISCIPLINARY STUDIO. Pulse Films three core divisions of SCRIPTED, NON FICTION and COMMERCIALS/MUSIC VIDEOS are each staffed by specialists in their craft that surround our talent and every project we make with the highest level of expertise. These divisions are powered and connected by a unique foundation of creative services including in-house Production, Design, Legal, Communications, Talent and Financing expertise. This uniquely positions us to be able to deliver at the highest level across FILM, TELEVISION, MUSIC VIDEOS, COMMERCIALS and everything in between.
• A UNIQUE DESTINATION FOR TALENT. As a result, we offer a unique and holistic home to partner and develop a wide spectrum of filmmakers. Our talent relationships are strategically managed across our multiple disciplines and territories under one roof. 3. A GLOBAL BUSINESS. A truly connected global business with local expertise but wide-reach and multi-skilled infrastructure in each market. A diverse perspective and production rigor that enables creative freedom. http://www.pulsefilms.com/
Role x You
Pulse Films is looking to hire a future facing Executive Producer to join our fast-growing Commercials Division in the US. The role is focused on both attracting new projects as much as closing those we pitch on against the highest level of competition. With that comes the need to build tight relationships with our talent, with our production team as well as longstanding partnerships with all the agencies and brands that we work with (or want to work with). Part of the role would mean partnering with Pulse Films Sales representatives across the nation to ensure we are strategic in our approach unlocking the very best creative and commercial opportunities out there. In addition, the role would include Exec Producing a number of projects at any one time, protecting the creative and commercial ambitions whilst offering a highest level of collaborative partnership to our clients. We want someone curious and connected to our industry and popular culture in general. We are a small team with big opportunities and ambition. We look for someone with an open mind to embrace change and encourage diverse perspectives.
We are a talent business so a direct relationship with our talent is key to build on as well as a robust knowledge of the best talent/work in the marketplace with an eye on looking for new exciting additions to our roster.
The role reports into Pulse Films, Managing Director, Hillary Rogers, working very closely with Global President Davud Karbassioun who are both based in Los Angeles.
We are looking for someone very special, that we intend to set up for success and that continues to grow with our business.
In the short term you'll be expected to learn about our business, our team and our talent and how we all work together while immediately contributing to projects that are in progress.
But after 6 months in this role you will be at the forefront of helping secure new projects for the Pulse Commercials team.
And after a year you will have established yourself as a trusted colleague within the Pulse team and will have had multiple success stories with a positive impact on revenue numbers.
We are looking for someone with strong experience at the highest level in Commercials Production) and with a proactive, positive and connected approach to Sales and building client relationships. A person passionate about the role, who has the ambition and mind-set to continue to move things on with the ever-evolving landscape and be part of building on the recent success of Pulse Films as a truly next generation and multi-disciplinary production company.
You have these:
• At least 10 years of experience and proven track record of working in Commercials production either at an agency or production house
• A strong network of connections in the industry
• Intimate knowledge of the sales, RFP and execution process of a best in class product
• Innate ability to foresee, mitigate and solve for challenges along the process
• Strong desire to be a collaborative, inclusive and driven teammate
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.