ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is a global multi-platform media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices across 25 countries across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency. VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; and i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture and design.
Role x You
As Executive Editor, you will serve as the deputy to the Editor in Chief in developing VICE UK as a destination for compelling and unique journalism. You will help manage a team of freelancers and staffers, commission and edit first-class editorial content and will sometimes be called upon to provide editorial cover or produce content yourself.
• Work closely with the Editor in Chief to manage freelance budget, enforce editorial guidelines and brand voice, deliver special projects and campaigns and help manage freelance journalists and photographers
• Manage editorial workflow and oversee publishing calendar
• Manage senior commissioning editor to produce high-quality in-house coverage
• Editing a wide range of stories, from deepy-reported features to quick hits
• Bring in an established network of PR contacts and a diverse slate of freelance writers and photographers
• Work closely with the social editor and Stories team to create and promote VICE content and ensure audience needs and traffic goals are met
• Represent VICE UK at events and panels where necessary
You have these:
• At least 4 years of proven experience editing and leading teams in a newsroom or publication and/or previous experience in a senior journalism role (e.g. section or deputy editor)
• Strong editing skills and an acute attention to detail, including proven ability to work on editorial campaigns, investigations and features
• Previous experience managing junior editors and/or staff writers
• A knack for finding smart, interesting and insightful stories from the fringes
• A firm grasp of stories that young people are interested in
• An understanding of the VICE brand, in terms of both visuals and voice
We'd love if you also had these:
• Basic Photoshop skills
• Experience using and/or producing TikTok and Instagram Stories video
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4bq8-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.