Staff Accountant, News & Entertainment
Vice Media Group
VICE x Team
The Director – Global Sourcing will drive operational efficiency and cost savings projects for VICE Media through spend analytics, strategic sourcing, and joint process improvement with our internal business partners and external vendors. The Director will manage global sourcing activities and drive initiatives to deliver the greatest total cost of ownership for all 3 rd party spend. A key role will be partnering across the business to define sourcing requirements. This will include IT, Digital, Real Estate, Facilities, and any other related areas. Success will include partnering to support business decisions to assess Capex/Opex investments; identifying and qualifying vendors; and understanding market trends and suppliers that will help in improving service quality while managing cost. Will coordinate procurement resources to ensure the needs of the business are met including all sourcing, analytics, and other support as needed. This individual will provide outstanding service to clients and maintain high standards of quality work. The role is based in VICE's New York office in the Williamsburg neighborhood and will report to the Chief Procurement Officer.
Role x You
You are passionate about making things run more efficiently and driving ongoing process improvements in the business. We would love to hear from you as we optimize our procurement and corporate services function.
In the short term, you'll be building relationships with internal business partners and key vendors. You'll review our spend cube and identify immediate savings opportunities. You will lead sourcing, negotiation, contractual process and supplier lifecycle management for multiple spend categories.
But after 6 months in this role, you will fully own the savings pipeline, lead the sourcing team, and present results to our CFO and COO. You'll partner with legal to ensure contract compliance and mitigate risk, along with working to ensure our budgets are aligned with our corporate objectives.
And after a year you'll grow to direct global projects across our lines of business (LOB) – driving change across the business as a steward of Vice's 3rd party spend.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Math, Economics, Engineering, or Sciences (or a related field of study)
• 7-10 years of professional experience in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, and/or Business Consulting
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, v-lookups, formulas), Powerpoint, and Word
• Able to understand and layout a process flow, identify gaps and suggest improvements
• Prior experience with ERPs and e-procurement tools (upstream and downstream) such as Oracle, NetSuite, Coupa, Concur, Tableau, Domo, and others a plus
• Ability to work closely with business leaders to evaluate, analyze and define business opportunities, potential solutions, and potential impacts on the organization
• Delivery of P&L impact through cost optimization activities
• Experience streamlining the processes involving but not limiting to new vendor creation, vendor onboarding, approval, and due diligence processes
• Leader of cross-functional teams to implement automation of these processes in our supplier master system and identify future enhancements
• Partner with finance to ensure hard savings and cost avoidance KPIs are achieved on a monthly basis
• Demonstrated expertise in Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Spend Visibility, KPI (Key Performance Metrics) Reporting, Savings Tracking methodologies
You have these skills:
• Problem-Solving– Takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues, breaking down issues into manageable parts to resolve root causes & identify solutions.
• Solution Development – Understands business problems and requirements and develops practical, cost-effective solutions and recommendations.
• Demonstrated experience in IT operations and global build-outs / consulting / vendor management
• Familiar with IT sub-categories and alternative models for comparison such as on-premise, SaaS, cloud, hosting, and other delivery options
• Continuous Learning / Improvement– Demonstrates a desire and capacity to expand expertise, develop new skills, and grow professionally.
• Adaptability– Ability to re-direct personal efforts in response to changing circumstances and being receptive to feedback.
• Results-Oriented– Effectively executes on plans, drives for results, and takes accountability for outcomes.
• Relationship-Building– Is helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
• Business Acumen– Understands the relationship between the activity and the business /customers impacted and applies business knowledge.
We'd love if you also had these:
• Ability to analyze and make recommendations to improve internal processes
• Experience in rapidly changing, global business, with a wide range of goods and services under management
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate them and see them as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe074-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.