Position: Controller UK & Western Europe
Location: London, UK (Company headquarters)
Reporting to the Global Controller, the UK, WE Controller will be responsible for leading the daily operations of the general ledger, overseeing the general accounting team and has responsibility for the month-end close process. This role is responsible for all aspects of the region's accounting (including internal and external financial reporting), internal controls and financial accounting systems, and ensuring the accurate recording and reporting of the Company's financial information on a monthly and annual basis. This individual will interface with external auditors as related to the Company's US accounting function. The UK, WE Controller will also proactively develop information flows and controls in anticipation of current and future needs of the business. This is a ''hands-on'' position that requires managerial skills coexistent with the ability to be detail-oriented and to provide technical accounting guidance including developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures. Overall, the UK/NS&E Controller will continue to develop and strengthen a culture of financial rigor, discipline and control throughout the Company's US operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Plan, manage and oversee the operations and administration of all corporate accounting functions, including its computerized accounting and reporting systems.
• Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with Europe GAAP, accounting principles, regulatory, tax and management reporting requirements, and preferably have an understanding of US GAAP.
• Manage regional consolidation process.
• Perform daily accounting processes including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger transactions.
• Perform general ledger account analysis, review sub-ledger reconciliations, and prepare adjusting entries as required.
• Analyze monthly revenues, deferred revenue, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis and report on variances.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of best practice procedures for the month-end financial statement close process to ensure timely and accurate issuance of financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Arrange for and act as a contact with organization's independent auditors on US accounting matters. Coordinate external audit for the US; oversee preparation of requested items.
• Assist in development and monitoring of financial performance criteria in collaboration with the Company's FP&A and Strategy team.
• Identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and enact cost management programs.
Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business related field required. [Graduate degree in Accounting or similar subject matter is highly desirable.] CPA is required.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a broad-based financial professional with strong academic credentials and successful leadership experience in the finance and accounting operations areas of a complex company, preferably in the technology and/or digital media sectors. The individual will be dynamic, energetic, teamwork oriented and have a demonstrated record of success in implementing and managing finance functions through periods of rapid growth.
Specifically, our best candidate will have:
• A minimum of [8 to 12] years of experience working across accounting and reporting processes, preferably with some public company experience.
• Proven core accounting and finance qualifications. Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures and European GAAP and US GAAP (Preferred) accounting principles. Proficiency in accounting systems, spreadsheets, databases, business analytics applications and complex billing systems.
• Ability to generate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and statements in a timely and accurate manner, including Management Discussion and Analysis.
• Hands-on involvement at multiple levels of the finance team and throughout the organization.
• Ability to manage, motivate and develop other professionals.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate within the Company at all levels.
The successful candidate will be driven by the desire to help the Company as a whole to reach its business and financial objectives. She or he will be a self-starter, and have strong written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills. Specific personal characteristics include:
• Ability to thrive in a team-work oriented environment. At the same time, be able to engage in vigorous debate while always treating others with the highest level of mutual respect. Bring unselfish, ''ego-less'' attitude to the team.
• Strong manager and mature leader, who can develop positive morale among employees while creating an environment that stimulates a sense of ownership and results in increased productivity, creativity and efficiency.
• Willing to roll up his or her sleeves to assist in getting the job done in a timely fashion, and to overcome unexpected obstacles.
• Maintain an environment which fosters and rewards continuous learning and innovation.
• Demonstrates excellent business judgment and the ability to plan and meet deadlines; ability to grasp concepts quickly.
• Highly analytical mindset, with ability to sort through complex issues and translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner to internal and external stakeholders.
• Works well with all of the technologies relating to finance, accounting, analytics, business intelligence and customer billing practices.
• Entrepreneurial. Motivated and effective in a fast paced and dynamic culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq09q-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.