Reporting directly to the VP Controller and Sr. Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, this role will be primarily responsible for financial reporting and consolidation process including the review of intercompany transactions and eliminations. This is very much a ''hands on'' accounting role with interaction with different departments (international accounting teams, corporate accounting team, tax, corporate development and finance) across the globe. This role will have a high level of visibility within the organization with opportunities to work directly with the Global Controller and domestic and international controllers.
• Oversee monthly consolidations processes and prepare monthly-consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
• Coordinate and lead the monthly close process working closely with the global team
• Lead the preparation of quarterly consolidated balance sheet and income statement analytics, which will be sent for review by top management.
• Take ownership of the consolidation framework including maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts and related mapping between general ledger and how the accounts roll up to consolidation.
• Prepare and ensure appropriate accounting related to the Company's share-based compensation expense, including the software system used.
• Prepare quarter and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including preparation of footnotes.
• Review and reconcile currency revaluation and CTA impact to the consolidated financials
• Review quarter and annual disclosures with senior management.
• Interface with external auditors for annual audits, including preparation of required schedules and documentation.
• Participate in special projects or ad-hoc reporting and other analysis in support of finance department and company initiatives.
• Assist with ad hoc special projects as necessary
• Finance and accounting operations areas of a complex company, preferably in the technology and/or digital media sectors.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business related field required. CPA is required. Graduate degree in Accounting or similar subject matter is highly desirable.
• A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience working across accounting and reporting processes, including concluding on complex accounting and reporting issues.
• Advanced Excel skills required, including ability to use pivot table, index match formulas
• Mix of public company experience and Big 4 audit experience preferred.
• Experience with NetSuite a big plus
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e89j-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.