The Director, Brand Strategy will function as the storyteller and strategy leader for VMG top tier accounts and proposals. Within the Vice Media Group sits publishers like Vice, Refinery29, i-D and Garage. The team and role will work across audience and insights to ensure they have in-depth knowledge of the behaviors and distinct brand voice for each publisher.
The Director, Brand Strategy drives strategic and communications development, and will be a key client-facing representative for the integrated marketing team and the strategy function. Lending their marketing strategy expertise during the client RFP process, they will build compelling category marketing collateral, prospective client meeting presentations and pitch materials across the US and Canada. They will weave audience and consumer insights into compelling marketing campaigns and will have the answer for ''Why Brand Should Partner with VICE Media Group?''.
The Director, Brand Strategy will report into the Group Director, Brand Strategy.
• Serve as a thought leader across 1 sales pod to guide our positioning and creative direction for Auto, Telecom, Travel and Entertainment clients
• Develops proposal strategy that guides top tier RFPs using audience insights that demonstrates how VMG can impact the client's marketing success.
• Briefs in creative on campaign strategy.
• Reviews creative work to ensure that all work is laddering up to strategy.
• Builds current and prospective client meeting decks and pitch materials and ultimately, owns the storytelling of the deck.
• Develops compelling presentations for consumer categories, keeping brands and VMG sellers on top of category trends and insights.
• Manages custom research activations alongside insights team.
• Client interaction during pre-sale whether it's through proactive client pitching, thought leadership forums, or presentations of large scale campaigns.
• Manages the career growth and development of a Brand Strategist
• Supports in reviewing, pressure testing and elevating the work of more junior strategy team members in order to prepare their work for clients.
The ideal Director, Brand Strategy will bring 6-7 years + of experience of strategic planning and/or related strategic experience. They will exhibit strong analytic, communications and problem-solving skills and be adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. They will have a track-record of delivering sound strategy, building presentations in Google slides and be a confident storyteller adept within a pitch scenario. They make connections and help others to see clearly in complex situations. They are consummate partners across Vice Media Group who can guide clients in brand, business and cultural understanding.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk9zk-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.