Analyst, Revenue Ops
Vice Media Group
VICE x Team
The Business & Legal Affairs team provides business oriented legal guidance and strategies across the organization.
Role x You
You are a highly motivated self-starter who will provide business and legal affairs services with a focus on digital original programming and production throughout the organization. You will have the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment and can prioritize requests from multiple departments. You are a skilled production attorney and can expertly and quickly advise production from pre-production through delivery. You are a team player and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions to complex legal issues surrounding our programming.
• Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume of production related agreements for unscripted programs, including talent agreements, and, production agreements and production services agreements.
• Evaluate content to assess legal risks from development through pre-broadcast review of episodes.
• Advice on rights issues (third party, fair use, promotional, etc.)
• Negotiate and finalize marketing related agreements, including SOWs, photographer, vendor and location agreements.
• Working with a broad range of departments (Rights & Clearances, Production Management, Employment, Human Resources, Security & Risk and Insurance) on production matters and to seek ways to improve production legal policies and procedures.
• Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• Other matters as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs
You have these:
• 3-5 years experience as a practicing entertainment attorney at a law firm, or in house at a network, production company or agency.
• Possess excellent negotiating, drafting, analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
• Capable of building strong internal client relationships at all levels of the business, and effectively advising clients under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generating strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Capable of collaborating with a team facing a high volume of work and competing priorities.
• J.D. and admitted to the NY state bar.
We'd love if you also had these:
• Production legal experience is highly preferred.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvko67-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.