London, United Kingdom
Counsel, Commercial, EMEA (Corporate)
VICE + Team
VICE is looking for a commercial and advertising lawyer to support the digital sales and marketing teams in EMEA. The role will be based in London, England.
The Counsel, Commercial (EMEA) will report to the Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Commercial (North America) at VICE's Brooklyn headquarters, and will be the primary legal support for VICE's digital advertising, sales, marketing and commercial production teams in EMEA.
• Qualified lawyer in the UK (or other Common Law jurisdiction), with the ability to work in the UK
• At least 5 years' commercial experience in the UK, gained either in house or in private practice (or, ideally, a combination of the two)
• Excellent drafting skills and demonstrated legal judgment
• Experience partnering with a sales team and assisting with decision making around deal structuring and key commercial and production considerations
• An understanding of the ASA rules, particularly those relating to the production of content, and related advertising standards and practices
• Experience advising agency businesses, including advising on client deals and pitches, technology services, and media vendor relationships
• Experience advising on wide range of commercial, media, IP, IT and data protection related matters with a particular focus on content, sponsorship deals, media buys, production contracts, advertising technology, events contracts and talent agreements
• Experience managing a high volume of projects and numerous internal clients
• The core focus of this role will be acting as the primary point of contact for VICE's digital sales and commercial division. You will be advising across a broad range of creative services pitches, negotiations and content production, at all stages.
• You will draft, structure and negotiate term sheets, statements of work master services agreements and a wide variety of production and talent agreements.
• You will counsel and advise the business and take a leading role in negotiations with clients
• You will ensure close collaboration and coordination with the global legal team located at VICE's headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.
• We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
• If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
Equal Employment Opportunities
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.