Communications Strategy Director (Virtue)
Communications Strategy Directors are essential for keeping an eye on the forest even though so many projects are related to the trees. They oversee multiple businesses and are always thinking about the bigger picture for their accounts, teams and the agency.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works to develop breakthrough ideas for key accounts, along with new business.
• Understands clients' businesses work across multiple verticals, and can create long and short term strategies that help reach business goals.
• Owns, manages, and runs the strategy on multiple accounts seamlessly --- you are comfortable overseeing a team and have done so before.
• Runs big projects and research initiatives, managing budgets, timelines and deliverables to ensure everything stays on track.
• Leads and wins new business pitches.
• Establishes strong and collaborative relationships with key department heads and employees across the business including account, creative, analytics, and more.
• Manages and mentors junior strategists on the team – being the person on the team they strive to be like.
• Runs thought leadership initiatives, from coming up with them to presenting them at industry events.
• Always strives to make the work better.
• Constantly looks for ways to bring our briefs and frameworks to the next level, and increase visibility of the team within the agency, and across clients.
EXPERIENCE + SKILLSET
• 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Can originate groundbreaking thought leadership based on my own data and findings
• Can develop an insight or framework that becomes fundamental to our client's business and worldview
• Can invent an artifact that manifests real business growth and transformation, along with exceptional creative
• Can adapt approach in real-time to ensure a winning outcome, regardless of the situation or dynamic
• Can lead a group and contribute meaningfully to the growth and well-being of every person connected to them, while realizing an ambitious shared goal.
• Works on the most complex, and largest client opportunities.
• Has the respect and ear of SVP+ clients.
• Leads pitches on our largest agency-changing opportunities
• You are building on all the things you've learned and accomplished thus far in your career and helping to grow and shape our business by applying them.
• You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and still write briefs/decks/frameworks.
• You work as a unit with your account and creative partners.
• You represent the agency at industry events.
• You are an essential part of the agency's growth and future