Senior Content Strategy Manager, Europe
Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
VICE x Team
The European Operations team is small but mighty, with involvement in all other departments across the EU digital business. The team is expected to constantly be listening and learning about the business needs to ensure the best possible outcome for VICE Media Group.
Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of VICE Media Group and the department itself, working closely with other members of the European teams to create the best possible outcome for the business and our clients.
The team is made up of individuals from various backgrounds and it thrives on diversity, self sufficiency and personal ownership over the work we do. However, not one person can know everything, and that is why we breed a culture of curiosity and openness to help us all grow and learn from each other. The team atmosphere is highly creative, collaborative and fast paced. We hope you are as well, it's nice when we all like some of the same things.
Role x You
We are searching for a determined and adaptable Commercial Studio Operations Manager looking to be a part of a company with a broad, exciting future and collective culture. You will be:
• A self starter, who is ambitious and possesses an intrapreneurial mindset
• Have superb task management skills, be proactive with your approach, and above all, be an excellent and enthusiastic communicator with an intuition around how to solve problems and navigate multiple stakeholders alongside the needs of VICE Media's internal department processes
• Ideally you will have worked in the creative industry alongside strategists and creative directors to organise the team resources and workflows for the client proposal briefing process. However, personality, being digitally savvy and commercially minded are more important than time served and roles held.
The Commercial Studios Operations Manager will oversee all live briefs and resources across Europe and sits within the Operations team of the VICE Digital line of business, which operates across our three main verticals; VICE, i-D and Refinery29.
The Operations team are involved in all other departments to identify pain points within the company, and implement change to ensure effectiveness, but above all, clarity.
In the short term you will be responsible for the day-to-day trafficking of European briefs via Asana, to ensure that the responses are submitted on time and with approval from stakeholders.
This role will require you to build relationships with each market, understanding the nuances of how they function and why. Working closely with the Sales, Creative, Production and Account Management teams, this role is crucial for ensuring resources are being used effectively and to the highest spec. You will be the gatekeeper for checking work has been done correctly, and will be confident when flagging issues back to the team if it hasn't, including the ability to know when to say no to requests so that the teams priorities can be balanced.
But after 6 months in this role You will also support the continued evolution of the European software tools (eg, Asana, Slack, Salesforce etc.), using your knowledge of our processes and team relationships to ensure effective workflows. You'll assist the other departments with identifying any areas for improvement, and work with the Operations team to implement changes.
We see you as supporting the other departments with training and making sure all teams are using the software correctly, whilst being responsible for maintaining the documentation for all software and tools.
And after a year we see you working more closely with the Head of Commercial Operations, taking our European learnings and advocating for them globally to give VMG a more consistent approach to our commercial endeavours. Essentially being the yin to the yang of our
Operations Manager , working as one to deliver on all projects from commercial briefs, to systems roll outs.
• Effectively manage all live briefs across the region, delegating resource accordingly
• Accountable for tracking all freelance resources for Design and Creative teams; conducting weekly resource status meetings for forecast on team usage, highlight performance excellence and raise any potential challenges, whilst also being accountable for the management of the freelance budget for the year and ensuring paperwork is filled accordingly.
• Act as the gatekeeper for files before they're sent to clients, ensuring feedback has been taken in and the teams have answered all aspects of the request
• Track program life cycles and ensure case studies and post campaign analysis' are created and filed once completed
You have these:
• Knowledge of the sales lifecycle and overall creative process within a commercial environment
• Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely whilst having the ability to multitask and prioritise based on deadlines
• An innovative thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
We'd love if you also had these:
• Understanding of following tools: NetSuite, Salesforce, GSuite, Slack, Coupa, and Asana
• Experience in daily and longer-term project planning
• Experience in change management execution
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.