VICE x Team:
The VICE Commercial team, EMEA is responsible for the oversight and development of our commercial and revenue efforts across the digital line of business in the EMEA region, holding ultimate accountability for delivering the revenue goals for the digital line of business across all of EMEA markets.
Role x You:
Reporting to the Executive Commercial Director EMEA, VICE Digital you will lead the DACH VICE+ revenue and delivery functions, including direct sales management and account/project management, towards a cohesive, connected, and client-centric sales to delivery workflow.
Working in partnership with the Digital department, VICE+ in DACH, and broader global VICE+ stakeholders, the Commercial Director will also play a fundamental part in developing and executing our creative proposition and product, ensuring the best quality of creative output at both pitch and delivery phases.
• In the short term
You will need to act as a steward of the global VICE+ strategy in the DACH marketplace, ensuring that our teams internally, and our clients and partners, are evident in their understanding of our proposition in the market.
• After 6 months in this role
You will build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the agency and client landscape in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, as well as with wider teams in the DACH, and global VICE ecosystem, as it pertains to the worldwide development of our revenue streams.
• And after a year...
The Director will be a natural leader with a diverse skill set including; team management and leadership, maintaining a culture of growth for the team, an understanding of finance and revenue tracking and forecasting, salesmanship, a strong understanding of digital advertising and media, an eye for creative excellence and an understanding of the production process.
• Responsibility for the delivery of the revenue goals for the digital line of business in DACH
• Line management responsibility for the Sales and Account Management.
• Building and maintaining a Client-Centric value system and operational dynamic, ensuring best-in-class delivery of the VICE+ proposition in the DACH marketplace.
• Strategically approaching and creating plans for the growth and development of existing and potential large-scale advertiser relationships from a short, medium, and long-term perspective.
• Fostering a culture of motivation and team spirit with a strong sales accountability and management backbone for the sales org.
• Working in partnership with the Executive Commercial director Europe, VICE+ DACH, and regional VICE+ leads in the development and execution of the revenue and go-to-market strategy for VICE+.
• Working in partnership with finance teams and regional LoB leadership to develop= and deliver budgets and forecasts quarterly,
• Ensuring consistency in product, pricing, and execution of the VICE+ offering in the market
• Working collaboratively with teams across the region to identify opportunities for the upselling, up-skilling, case study, and best practice sharing amongst other efficiencies
• Acting as a representative for the DACH VICE+ team to other facets of the VICE business both locally and internationally.
• Represent the company at relevant industry conferences and events.
• To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
You have these:
• Experienced commercial professional, able to demonstrate success in growing revenue and profit in a media/agency context
• First-class networking skills, a self-starter who can work independently yet be part of a focused team.
• Commercial nous, and negotiation skills.
• Media and content experience at a senior level.
• Experience in business growth, leadership & team building, business development, and sales.
• Proven ability to lead & grow an organization in a high-energy, results-focused environment.
• A high-performance focus, solid work ethic and a very hands-on nature.
• A clear passion and energy for business.
• Solid written/verbal communication & presentation skills.
• Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
• Gravitas and exceptional management skills.
• Network within larger brands and agencies in DACH is essential.
• Experience in managing a sales team, implementing compensation packages, CRM, and performance management.
We'd love if you also have these:
• An understanding is that you have to make things happen yourself and manage the business to achieve your objectives.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to work on his/her initiative.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
Working at VICE
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11jem-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.