Marketing Operations Manager
Campaign Manager (Freelance Position)
VICE is an international media company that captures people at the heart of all our stories. We focus on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1,500 pieces of content every day. The company has five lines of business: VICE Digital, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 26 offices around the world.
VICE x Vision and Values
We are here to create a place for people and their ideas. VICE was started by people who wanted to make things they cared about, and who took on the world with curiosity, radical thinking, and an audacious spirit. We are still that company.
That is why our values are:
1. Bring Who You Really Are
2. Grow While You're Here
3. Do Work That Means Something To You
Role x You
We're looking for a freelance Digital Campaign Manager to join our team and be primarily responsible for the management of our branded digital media campaigns. You will be responsible for executing all elements of the media plan, such as content, social, display and video activation across different digital platforms. You will be part of the regional EMEA team of Campaign Managers and work together with the local teams in France and Belgium. You will join a specialist campaign team within the company, providing insight and strategy on digital advertising.
In the short term you will be trained on how to pick up the activation of branded digital media campaigns. A specialist team of Campaign Managers will train you how to set up Content, Display and Video campaigns. You will familiarise yourself with our operating system, Facebook Business Manager, Asana (tasks priority tool), and will work closely with our Ad Operations, Sales and Project Management teams.
But after 6 months in this role and after thorough training, you will begin to execute your campaigns independently, while gaining more knowledge about how campaigns perform and can be optimised to get the best results for our clients.
And after a year -you will be able to manage your digital campaigns with confidence while you gain more insight of what works best for our campaigns. We'd like to see you also become an advisor for our Planning team by sharing these campaign insights with the wider teams.
• Activate branded content and paid social campaigns on VICE's channels (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Youtube).
• Activate digital media campaigns on and off platform (Video / Display / Native).
• Maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
• Optimise campaign towards the best possible results, making sure all goals are hit
• Build client facing reports about the performance of their campaigns.
• A degree in Communication, Digital Advertising or Digital Media
• Excellent problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure and in fast paced environments
• Excellent organisational and multitasking skills with a great attention to detail
• Strong teamplaying spirit as well as a passion for social and digital advertising, the marketplace and technology.
• Fluent in English and French, written and spoken
We'd love if you also had these:
• Experience working with Facebook / Instagram Business Manager to activate dark posts.
• Understanding of broader digital platforms including display, performance, and mobile.
• Comfortable with excel and reporting
• Knowledge of Operative 1, Salesforce, Asana, and NetSuite.
• Dutch / Flemish language skills is a plus
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures; so we don't just 'tolerate' differences, we celebrate them and see them as essential to our staff, culture and business. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our culture. We strive to create a happy and healthy workplace for our teamWe expect all employees to be an ambassador for the business at all times representing the VICE Media brand with respect to the way we conduct business, the standard of work we deliver, and the culture we adopt.
- Please submit English CVs only-
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.