Manager, Content Solutions
Vice Media Group
Brand Strategy Director (VIRTUE) (8-10 years experience)
Brand Strategy Directors are the show runners of the department. They lead the vision for their accounts, are trusted partners to their clients, creatives, and account team members. They are the foot we put forward in new business. And they help bring the rest of the team with them.
• Work closely with the Head of Strategy to develop breakthrough ideas for key accounts, along with new business.
• Understands clients' businesses work across multiple verticals, and can create long and short term strategies that help reach business goals.
• Own, manage, and run the strategy on your specific accounts --- you are comfortable overseeing a team and have done so before.
• Own planning projects from inception to completion: create research plans, develop insights, write briefs, collaborate with the creative, account and client teams, facilitate and direct brainstorming sessions, and continue to see the project through in all its phases.
• Lead and support new business pitches with the Head of Strategy and appropriate other team members..
• Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key department heads and employees across the business including account, creative, analytics, and more.
• Manage and mentor junior strategists on the team – be the person on the team they strive to be like.
• Run thought leadership initiatives, from coming up with them to presenting them at industry events.
• Always striving to make the work better. Constantly look for ways to bring our briefs to the next level.
• Can design and manage an original method for primary research that results in groundbreaking new findings
• Can originate a new thought or framework that results in breakthrough effective work in the marketplace
• Can persuade clients and colleagues to see the situation/world as I see it
• Can own strategy on accounts of all complexity and sizes. Can build a trusting relationship with senior level clients. Can lead on various sized pitches.
• Your writing sings.
• Your briefs are clear and inspiring every time.
• Your clients think of you as a trusted partner and you like building relationships with them.
• Your creatives are your partners.
• You speak expertly about business dynamics.
• You are an essential part of the agency's growth and future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1mkn-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.