VICE x Team
VICE+ is responsible for the advertising and content solutions across all the VICE properties. With a team of digital experts dedicated to the design and development of media strategies - from inception to execution – VICE+ works with agencies and clients to successfully realise media projects, from advertising solutions through to brand platform launches, social strategy, sponsorship and more. Sales, Planning and Ad Operations sit together in one unit, working towards shared objectives and accountability.
Role x You
As our Producer/Director, you will work closely with senior members of the VICE+ team, namely the Executive Producer, Creative Director & Production Executive, to produce VICE partnership and white label branded content including but not limited to documentary, presenter-led content and studio formats.
You will manage projects from brief through to delivery, including creative development, talent & contributor casting, shooting & directing and leading post production.
You will maintain, develop and help evolve the VICE+ creative output to ensure we are best in class for branded content that engages with our audience in a way that no other media owners can deliver.
• You will be actively involved in the development slate, working together with the Creative, Production, Strategy and Sales teams to respond to pitches and briefs; helping to research & develop ideas and scope production.
• You will direct edits; reporting to the Executive Producer & Creative Director for creative sign off.
• Working closely with the account teams you will ensure effective client relationships are maintained, addressing clients' needs in a timely and effective manner and offering creative solutions to evolving client requirements.
• You visually drive the films, both in terms of both style and structure; encouraging innovation and ensuring the VICE editorial integrity is upheld.
• You will work with the production team to ensure production schedules, budgets, legal compliance & H&S are met and work is delivered to the highest standard.
You have these:
• A proven track record in self-directing on branded content shoots to a high technical and editorial standard.
• Excellent shooting skills and an ability to work with a wide variety of cameras.
• Demonstrated ability to respond to a range of briefs and brands and experience developing and directing films across an eclectic range of topics.
• In-depth knowledge of digital advertising and media.
• Strong editorial judgement and a firm grasp of documentary storytelling as well as social content; recognising how to tailor creative for individual social platforms.
• Excellent casting and development skills and experience in unearthing new and exciting talent as well as strong contributors to tell compelling stories.
• An innate understanding of the VICE tone of voice and strong understanding of what makes a VICE story.
• Solid project management, communication and negotiation skills and proven qualities of adaptability and flexibility in managing tight timeframes and rapidly changing circumstances.
• Proven ability to work across multiple productions simultaneously.
We'd love if you also had these:
• Experience in digital partnerships, preferably within a media owner/publisher environment
• Experience of shooting abroad & in sensitive and challenging environments.
• A portfolio of creative freelancers; DOP's, editors, animators etc. who would help capture and visualise VICE's tone of voice
• A passion and understanding of VICE, our content, tone of voice and proposition
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
Equal Employment Opportunities
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3oe4-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.