Vice Media Group
Associate Counsel, Commercial (NA) (Corporate)
VICE + Team
VICE is seeking an attorney experienced in a broad range of commercial contracts, including digital media, procurement, vendor, advertising and production agreements to join its business and legal affairs team in its Brooklyn, New York headquarters.
The Associate Counsel will report to the Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Commercial, Compliance & Litigation, and will support VICE's procurement and digital media sales teams, including advising and supporting the business in connection with enterprise agreements, digital advertising sales, compliance and custom content production and distribution.
The Role + You
• Draft, negotiate and interpret a broad range of commercial agreements, including vendor, SaaS, technology, licensing, real estate, creative services, master services agreements, statements of work, media insertion orders, and agreements for the production and distribution of custom advertising content and social media marketing.
• Advise business clients on consumer marketing and advertising laws, compliance issues, contractual interpretation, intellectual property and other digital media and advertising law issues.
• Support VICE's compliance programs, procurement team, digital advertising sales and production teams.
You have these:
• 3-5 years experience at a top law firm, and ideally as a media or entertainment attorney in house at an agency or media company.
• Excellent drafting skills, demonstrated judgment, excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
• Adept at building strong internal client relationships, and effectively advising clients under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk.
• Ability to work effectively, collaborate globally and cross-functionally, think practically, and be solution-oriented.
• JD and admitted to the NY state bar.
• Authorization to work in the United States.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.