Senior Analyst, Finance
London, United Kingdom
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE x Team
The Accounts Receivable Manager will oversee the day to day operations of a full cycle AR department, managing customer relationships and maintaining strong communication and rapport with internal and external departments. The perfect candidate will come from a similar size, high volume department with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with both collaborative and hands-on efforts. The role is based in VICE's London office (home based at present) and will report to the EMEA Controllers.
Role X You
Are you passionate about making things run more efficiently and driving ongoing process improvements in accounts receivable? We would love to hear how you could optimize our Accounts Receivable function.
• Manage the Accounts Receivable department in a multi-entity, multi-country environment
• Ensure high quality invoice and collection processes that comply with appropriate legislation
• Review and approve all invoices generated by associates for accuracy and completeness
• Manage and oversee all intercompany chargebacks and reconciliations
• Regular review of AR aging reports and customer accounts reconciliations
• Manage monthly close of Accounts Receivable, reconciling AR sub-ledger to general ledger
• Customer record management
• Review internal processes on an ongoing basis, identify potential opportunities to improve and implement necessary changes across the entities
• Ensure effective performance of cash flow is achieved through maximizing cash collection and reducing debts to targeted level
• Drive the collection process, ensuring that the team is developed and motivated to achieve monthly targets
• Deliver the weekly cash flow forecast to Treasury
• Liaise internally with other departments to manage/ drive collections and resolve disputes
• Handle escalations for AR associates and tackle difficult collections
• Monthly review of bad debts and adequacy of bad debt provisions
• Provide support and holiday cover for the AR Associates
• Support the delivery of internal and external audits requirements
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned
• Role will be required to manage 4 direct reports
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
• 7+ years progressive accounting experience with focus on accounts receivable, including experience managing a team in similar size company.
• Core credit management experience with proven track record in cash collection
• Deep experience using NetSuite & and SalesForce
• Solid understanding of process and data workflows
• Experience in Media/Advertising industry or fast paced environment preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel / Word
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and good knowledge of VAT across EMEA
• Experience working with multiple legal entities and multiple currencies
• Strong communication skills with ability to provide succinct and articulate credit analysis and recommendations within VICE
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across functional teams and provide a credible voice for the AR team
• Confident, organized, reliable, adaptable, detail oriented, hands-on, proactive and responsive
• Strong time management and prioritization skills and the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently
You have these:
• Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
• Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
• Flexible and adaptable based on changing needs and environment
• BS/BA in Business or Accounting strongly preferred
We would love if you also had these:
• Ability to analyze and make recommendations to improve internal processes
• Experience in rapidly changing, global business, with a wide range of goods and services under management
• Any European language is a plus
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
Equal Employment Opportunities
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.