Senior Finance Analyst
London, United Kingdom
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Groups portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
Based in our London office, the Finance department is a newly centralised shared services team who play a vital role within the VICE Media Group.
Role X You
As our Accounts Payable Associate, you'll be working in a small team of AP's assisting the entry of invoices, managing mail boxes, creating new vendors and providing cover for annual leave. You'll also be managing vendor relationships and maintaining strong communication rapport with internal and external departments. The role reports to the European Accounts Payable Manager.
• Manage mailboxes on a daily basis
• Process invoices for open POs, ensuring timeliness and verify accuracy of general ledger coding
• Verify supporting documents to invoices where applicable
• Actively follow up with the business to create PO's as needed
• Actively follow up with the business to receive PO's in Netsuite and reconcile any variances between the PO and vendor invoices to the satisfaction of the business
• Research and proactively investigate/reconcile discrepancies between AP balance and vendor statements
• Maintain vendor records, updating contact information as required
• Assist with local tax reporting processing, i.e. VAT
• Assist with month-end closing process by providing accrual info to the Finance leads
• Process weekly pay-runs for vendors, staff expenses and foreign currency and ad hoc payments as necessary
• Reviewing the Aged Creditors and investigating any debit balances. Follow-up invoices for any Direct Debit payments
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Prepare cash flow forecast
• Ad hoc projects as assigned
• Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or relatable field of study
• 1-3 years relevant experience in a similar role, preferably within a busy media/creative business
• Comfortable sorting out backlogs, problem solving, organizing chaos.
• Concur and Netsuite experience desired (or similar expense reporting/ERP system)
• Microsoft Office Suite mandatory and strong Excel skills
• Organized, reliable, detail-orientated, hands-on and responsive
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
You have these:
• Strong interpersonal and teaming skills; you're happy to get stuck in
• You're flexible, agile and adaptable based on changing needs and environment
• A problem solver with good organisational skills; you have the ability to proactively address potential issues or concerns
• You have an acute attention to detail and use this to take pride in your work
We'd love if you also had these:
• Ability to analyze and make recommendations to improve internal processes
• Experience in rapidly changing, global business, with a wide range of goods and services under management
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z7j8-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.