Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world. VICE Media Groups portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
VICE x Team
Based in our London office, the Finance department is a newly centralised shared services team for EMEA who play a busy and vital role within the VICE Media Group.
Role x You
As our Intercompany Accountant, you will work with the Finance Managers and Controllers across the Group to ensure all intercompany reporting, reconciliations and settlements are up to date for all UK entities across VICE.
• Ownership of Intercompany process which includes:
• Monthly UK intercompany reconciliations being performed, and differences investigated and resolved.
• Preparing a billing schedule for Accounts Receivable for recharges where invoices are to be raised and sent out to the Vice Group entities
• Communicating with Treasury and setting up payments in the banking system to settle agreed UK Interco Balances.
• Completing monthly Interco P+L and balance sheet reporting templates for the US and taking ownership of queries on the templates post US review.
• Reconcile and settle AR/AP balances for balances between UK and other Vice Group entities.
• Posting GL entries for Interco settlements arriving/leaving bank.
• Support the UK team in delivering the year-end audit (Group & Statutory).
• Development and integration of internal controls, process notes & procedures.
• Newly qualified / part-qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with 3+ years of experience in intercompany accounting and reconciliation in a complex environment, preferably in Media.
You have these:
• You will need to be highly organised, detail oriented and meticulous.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to help create key relationships with finance leads across Vice Group.
• Proven experience of working to tight deadlines; working effectively under pressure.
• Capable of working independently without being micro-managed. A team player with a proactive and enthusiastic approach who takes initiative where needed .
• Netsuite experience and strong Excel skills.
• Ability to analyse and make recommendations to improve internal processes.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritises the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures and see it as essential to our staff, culture and business. To learn more read the VICE GUIDE TO VICE.
Equal Employment Opportunities
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorisation to work in the UK. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7wo4-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.