New York, NY
VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds
of art and design.
VICE x Team
The Account Management team is small but mighty. Managing multiple programs spanning several brands, verticals and markets - the team is expected to roll up their sleeves and chip in where necessary to ensure the best possible outcome for VICE Media and our clients alongside a variety of other interesting things that will come your way.
Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of VICE Media and the department itself, working closely with senior members of VICE+ to create the best possible outcome for the business and our clients.
The team is made up of individuals from various backgrounds and thrives on diversity, self sufficiency and personal ownership over the work we do. However, not one person can know everything, and that is why we breed a culture of curiosity and openness to help us all grow and learn from each other. The team atmosphere is highly creative, collaborative and fast paced. We hope you are as well, it's nice when we all like some of the same things.
Role x You
We are searching for a curious and collaborative Account Manager looking to be a part of a company with a broad, exciting future and collective culture. This role will support both the US and Canada.
You will be:
• Full of ambition, possessing a team player attitude
• Have strong project management skills, be proactive with your approach, and above all, be an excellent
and enthusiastic communicator with an intuition around how to solve problems and navigate multiple
stakeholders alongside the needs of VICE Media's internal department processes
• Ideally you will have worked on branded content programs for global brands across multiple sectors. However, personality, being digitally savvy and entrepreneurship are more important than time served
and roles held.
The Account Manager role sits within the commercial team of the VICE Digital line of business, otherwise known as VICE+ which operates across our three main verticals; VICE, i-D and Refinery29.
In the short term you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of work we do for, and in
partnership with, our brand and advertising partners ensuring a best in class service. This role is part of a collaborative team which ensures, alongside the Media Operations team, the delivery of all media associated with your programs, from plan sign off, to matching against asset deliverables, through to implementation and setting live; working closely with the Account Directors, Sales Directors, Creatives, Production and all Media Operation teams.
But after 6 months in this role you will start to focus on assisting the Account Directors on larger campaigns, ensuring that all the documents and executions of high spec digital programs and branded content solutions
across VICE Media's digital ecosystem are accurate.
And after a year we see you assisting on preparing and running all program kick off, both internal and external;
and wash up meetings alongside the internal fixed point feedback loops, pulling together the closure documents
and communicating all client feedback.
• Being the internal conduit for the client and agency for your dedicated programs. Fulfilling all necessary
workflows and document maintenance to deliver a best in class service
• Assisting senior members of the team on the necessary document maintenance for their dedicated
• Coordinating the delivery of all assets and content being produced for and in partnership with the client,
ensuring all elements are to brief and are activated as per the approved media plan
You have these:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar client facing/account management role with a digital/media publishing company, agency or client-side brand experience organization
• Experience in delivering brand partnership programs across digital editorial and video
• Good understanding of the digital advertising and media landscape and delivering digital media programs and reports for clients
We'd love if you also had these:
• Experience working with both the US and Canadian markets
• Understanding of project managing microsite and bespoke website builds and branded events
• Understanding of following tools: NetSuite, Salesforce, GSuite, Basecamp and Keynote
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3n4o-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.