Virtue is seeking an Account Director to join our client services team and push forward the boundaries of marketing. At Virtue, we collaborate with the biggest brands, the brightest minds, and the most inspirational thought leaders in the world.
As an Account Director you will be the owner of key client relationships. You will be a trusted advisor to our clients and will be relentless in converting opportunities on the client's behalf, driving theirs and Virtue's business forward. You embody Virtue's point of view and will partner with clients and help them understand the business benefits of taking bold strategic and creative risks. You are working with Client Partners and Executive Leadership in shaping the future of the account. You will be managing, mentoring and motivating a team of direct reports. You are working to deliver world class marketing programs in service of our client's and partners all while driving forward the success of virtue.
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
• Owns and develops senior level day-to-day client relationships (internal/external) and works to contribute strategic value beyond day-to-day operation.
• Has expert knowledge of client's business so that marketing problems and opportunities can be anticipated and addressed through partnership.
• A leader in providing strategic input that improves the creative product and can effectively sell Virtue.
• Has thorough understanding of strategic development, creative development and production, and actively and creatively leads projects to successful completion.
• Consults with strategy, creative, media, production, and technology to be certain agency and client strategies and objectives are understood and incorporated into the work.
• Effective in balancing client and agency demands to deliver high quality work.
• Actively pursues new opportunities to grow or build new revenue streams.
• Displays strong financial management skills driving accounts profitability.
• Creates solid revenue forecasts in conjunction with Group Account Director and Head of Client Services.
• Actively manage direct reports, providing coaching to figure out root causes for any account related issues and drive behavioral changes if needed.
• Coaches team members on best practices around internal and external communication, lead team appraisals and monitor career growth paths for the team.
• Leads new business initiatives and driving opportunities forward from briefing through to execution.
• Self sufficient in building and creating branded programs that deliver on client brief and KPIs.
• Engender trust, inspires action and delivers results.
• Ensures account(s) are running smoothly and efficiently both internally with the team and externally with the clients.
EXPERIENCE + EDUCATION
• 8 years of relevant experience in client services.
• Has managed seven figure accounts and integrated programs for an organization.
• Expert in shaping strategic and creative proposals that results in impactful, on-target marketing programs, identifying breakthrough ideas while anticipating client perspectives.
• A mentor and a motivator – you strike the right balance between getting people to think for themselves, but knowing they are supported during the decision making process.
• You lead by example with a strong work ethic and big personality that inspires the best approach to internal and external communication, exemplifies accountability and follow through.
• Has a teamwork mentality and a strategic focus.
• A passion for business, marketing and all things media.
• Excellent presentation skills and experience with leading client workshops.
• Applies sound judgment in anticipating and taking action to avoid many workplace and client issues and problems.
• Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of Account Director and other team members.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiastic, charismatic, energetic and imaginative.
• Approachable, outgoing, and empathetic.
• A communicator, in person and writing - excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Calm under pressure but fiery about delivering best in class work.
• Culturally savvy and interested in all aspects of pop culture and passion points.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn846k-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.