Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a hardworking VP for our dynamic and fast growing digital distribution group! Our new VP will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on distribution and other agreements for Paramount content across digital platforms throughout the world. The person hired for this position will also be responsible for providing legal and commercial support to the business executives that support the Home Entertainment digital business.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Carry out business and legal affairs responsibilities in connection with Paramount's digital distribution of motion pictures and television content worldwide. The focus will be on electronic sell through (EST), transactional video on demand (TVOD), premium video on demand (PVOD), and emerging digital distribution models.
• Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, consulting on the management and administration of active agreements and providing guidance on deal structure and strategy
• Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
• Coordinate and supervise outside counsel on a wide range of agreements.
• Copartner with business executives on technology issues regarding new digital formats and business models and represent studio at industry consortium.
• Review and revise form agreements and standard terms and conditions.
• Stay on top of trends of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to the content.
• Provide legal advice and dept support as needed.
• Juris Doctor degree.
• California or NY Bar Admission is ideal
• A minimum of 7 years of experience at a major law firm and/or major studio and/or technology company being the lead attorney handling complex matters involving transactional or technology law and/or digital distribution.
• Knowledge of IP, technology and digital distribution.
• Previous supervisory experience as well as experience in operating as part of a close team.
• Organizational skills, analytical abilities, excellent writing/drafting proficiency.
• Team-spirited with strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Function under substantial time pressure and perform under the demands set by the company.
• Ability to multi-task in a manner that moves multiple high-priority projects forward simultaneously in accordance with client needs.
• Detail-oriented, proactive and autonomous, while exercising good judgment and making sound decisions.
• Versatile and self-motivated individual with the ability to develop and manage internal and external business relationships.
• Wherewithal to think creatively on matters requiring creative alternatives and solutions.
• Litigation experience in the entertainment sector and/or international transactional licensing, including foreign language proficiency, a plus.