Overview and Responsibilities
CBS News and Stations is looking to add a Business Affairs Vice President to its team! The ideal candidate is a professional who is comfortable with developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external colleagues and partners to advance the goals of the business. This individual will advise network and stations executives on deal structures and negotiate personal employment agreements for on- and off-air talent. They will also work closely and strategize with executives to negotiate various production deals and partnership agreements for special projects and programming, and with the Legal department, including Labor, Employment, Tax, Transactional, and Litigation. The position will be based in New York, NY and will report to the EVPs, Business Affairs.
• Negotiate employment contracts for all levels of on- and off-air personnel directly with talent and/or their representatives, as applicable.
• Manage and negotiate special projects, in-house and third party productions, and partnership deals
• Advise executives, executive producers, and other senior program personnel on talent issues and all business affairs matters
• Supervise administrative and junior staff
• Work cross functionally and tactically with all other key departments, including Distribution, Finance, Human Resources, Labor Relations, Legal Affairs, Operations, Production, and Talent Strategy
• At least 5-7 years of equivalent experience as a transactional attorney or business affairs executive in television or media
• Experience structuring and drafting television talent, rights, and distribution agreements and effectively negotiating and interacting with agents, outside attorneys, and legal and business affairs executives at other studios and production companies
• Superior written and verbal communication, negotiation, and analytical skills, including succinctly conveying and explaining complex business and legal concepts to others outside, and at all levels of, the company
• Proficiency in implementing multiple, high-priority projects concurrently, proactively, and efficiently and in a dedicated manner under tight timeframes with a keen attention to detail, organizational skills and time management
• A professional, positive, and confident demeanor and excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
• Extraordinary initiative and ability to build and work both autonomously as well as collaboratively with the business affairs team and other company executives and departments
• Ability to demonstrate creativity, flexibility, and adaptability within corporate parameters and accept rapidly evolving situations and tasks outside of existing areas of expertise
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9ozm-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.