Overview and Responsibilities
At ViacomCBS Media Networks (VMN), we are seeking our next Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs. You will provide senior-level, day-to-day business and legal affairs services for the ViacomCBS Content Acquisitions Group (VCAG). Our ideal candidate will handle a heavy volume of license agreements for a range of content, including live action and animated movies, series, music specials, documentaries, and stand-up specials for exhibition on all VMN platforms, including linear basic cable, SVOD, Pay TV, FAST (free ad-supported streaming television), digital, and D2 networks. This role can be located in either Hollywood, CA or New York, New York.
• Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of licensed content transactions with all of the major studios as well as independent producers.
• Provide extremely time-sensitive legal advice and guidance to the VCAG team and the programming and marketing departments for all VMN programming services, regarding contract negotiations and interpretation, advertising and promotion guidelines, guild restrictions, and operational matters.
• Serve as a principal liaison with attorneys for all VMN platforms and with other legal departments, including Labor & Employment and IP/litigation.
• Develop and build templates and forms for a wide variety of license deals.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the major studios' legal representatives and other key distributors.
• JD and must be a member of the New York or California Bar.
• Minimum of 7 years of licensing or other related experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning.
• Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations.
• Ability to work under pressure, handle a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, with a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
• Desire to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
• Must be collaborative, positive and team-focused.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1pp0-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.