Principal Analyst Content Security
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with strong analytics implementation skills, technical curiosity, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for a Tracking Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS Interactive across our digital properties as well as content on multiple access points covering properties such as: Nickelodeon, BET, MTV and Comedy Central, Vidcon and many more.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. This requires expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and ensuring that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards.
• Drive multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel
• Communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions
• End-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects
• Partner with multiple stakeholders to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases
• Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes
• Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs, and QA results
• Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment and assist in establishing governance standard methodologies
• Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams
• Bachelor's degree and 2-3+ years work experience in analytics implementation or consulting
• Expert level user of digital Analytics solutions such as: Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
• Direct involvement with developing and implementing measurement plans and tagging strategies, as well as the ability to QA analytics implementations
• Knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools
• Experience developing solutions with tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch)
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations
• Adobe Analytics processing rules proficiency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers
• Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Solid client management skills – experience agency side and/or supporting large, diverse internal client groups
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.