New York, NY
The Technical Engineer position will provide hardware and software support for mission critical computer and technical systems required for the broadcast of live and pre-taped events.
The position requires a solid technical IT background to maintain on-air operations of server-based digital video and audio control systems, graphics and non-linear editing systems, automation systems and their associated software and hardware infrastructure, as well as maintenance, installation and design of traditional broadcast equipment.
Troubleshoot and quickly resolve technical problems within a fast paced on-air environment. Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Television Broadcast Maintenance personnel to install, configure and debug broadcast applications and systems.
• Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of network administration- routers/switches, subnetting, VLANs
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Able to follow directions and think independently when required.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
• Experience required with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and Win7/8/10 operating systems
• Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other advanced technical degree or five to ten years' equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of network administration- routers/switches, subnetting, VLAN's
• 3-5 years of experience working in IT or broadcast engineering field.
• Knowledgeable on industry cabling standards such as fiber, coax, Cat5/6
• Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Linux
• Understanding of SQL, Signiant, ENPS, and ENCO, highly desirable.
• Understanding of live production- from both studio and remote perspectives is desirable.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of Audio, Video, Control Systems, RF, Fiber-Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems preferred
• Must be able to generate and update system documentation.
• Must be able to conform to CBS security policies, initiatives, and compliance reporting.
• Must be able to work calmly under extremely high pressure situations.
• Required travel approximately 30%.
Cisco CCNA desirable.
FUNCTION: IT/Technology Operations
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.