Senior Manager, Product - Global Payments
New York, NY
The Senior Vice President, Tech Finance Management is a key strategic partner to the ViacomCBS CTO and Tech Senior leadership team. The role is responsible for preparing and submitting the financial long-range plan, annual budget and monthly forecast for the ViacomCBS Tech Group. This involves detailed analysis covering the significant expense and capital spend in global Tech and determining allocation methodologies across the company. The SVP will lead all aspects of the Tech merger synergy capture process and maintain a centralized set of assumptions that drive the Tech forecast models. As a service provider, the SVP will lead negotiations with internal Tech customers and must have the ability to work closely with division level finance and other senior executives. The financial engineering in our Tech plan requires a strong strategic thinker that can develop long range plans based on key drivers in our technology and operational model. As such, this key role handles detailed analyses covering the significant expense and capital spend in global Tech and determining allocation methodologies across the company.
Embedded in both the Tech and Corporate Finance organization as a dual report to the EVP, CTO and EVP, Corporate Finance, coordinate with functional leadership on all costs, including labor and non-labor. Develop a keen understanding of the Tech organization, its financial profile, key revenue and cost drivers and all Business Units. Oversee and develop their own team, allocate their team's time, provide constructive evaluations and feedback, mentor, and support their professional development. As a Senior leader within the Finance team, this position is instrumental in creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
• Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting processes for the Tech functions; ensure accuracy and predictability
• Partner with the Tech leadership teams to handle their operational budgets, model business scenarios, and build positive relationships to drive transparency and accuracy
• Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance, and supervise preparation of monthly reports
• Coordinate with the Finance Integration group to achieve merger costs synergies
• Set allocation methodologies across line items, aligning legacy CBS and Viacom divisions
• Identify trends/issues and problem solve to improve quality of financial results
• Prepare presentations and handle special projects and analyses as requested by leadership
• Oversee forecast models and assumptions for labor related expenses, including localized salaries and taxes, discretionary bonuses, equity grants, and employee benefits. Partner with HR to align assumptions and strategically grow benefits at scale
• Proactively motivate your team members, assess performance, foster a culture of feedback, and develop others to succeed in current and future roles.
• Advise Tech leads, providing decision support to help achieve business goals
• Build and maintain an integrated view of financial performance
• 15+ years in Finance; preferably within the Media/Entertainment industry for a public company
• Bachelor's Degree
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Highly analytical, able to synthesize data and provide insightful narratives
• Strong project management, organizational skills, attention to detail and work ethic
• Results-oriented with ability to balance multiple assignments at a time in a fast-paced environment to achieve desired results
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to convey information to a variety of internal and external audiences
• Able to build positive relationships and skilled at engaging with corporate senior leadership and finance peers
• Self-starter able to lead a high-performing team
• Inspirational leader with strong change management skills
• Comfortable working in an organization operating in a state of change/transformation
JOB CATEGORY: Finance
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.