Production Assistant, Making Money W/ Charles Payne
Fox Business Network
New York, NY
This person is the primary GMO management representative assigned to The Ed Sullivan Theater supporting The Late Show and any other productions that may use the facility. Works closely with the production team to develop and implement specific below-the-line personnel and facilities requirements based upon long-term and day-to-day needs of the production.
• Works closely with the Ed Sullivan Theater Tech Manager and the Operations Manager to manage the activities of the GMO operating personnel; acquire and manage all CBS GMO resources in support of the production including transmission, distribution and Engineering; and purchase/rent all technical equipment and operating supplies required by the production.
• Overall responsibility for coordinating all ViacomCBS and GMO activity in support of the production including below-the-line labor, trucking, catering, Pages, and is responsible to ensure that payroll, budgeting and billing for all services is accurate, timely and with complete back-up.
• Working closely with the Director of Ed Sullivan Building Facilities, this person is responsible to ensure that the studio/theater, control room, associated technical facilities and equipment, support spaces (green rooms, dressing rooms, make-up rooms, etc.) are all in good working order and are kept clean, as well as coordinating support staff and security in support of the production.
• Responsible for understanding the terms of the various collective bargaining agreements (including IATSE, IBEW, USA, WGA, DGA,) and ensuring that the various represented personnel are working in accordance with CBS policies and procedures and that the terms of the collective bargaining agreements are being followed.
• Works with the production, the Tech Manager, GMO management and CBS engineering to develop and implement the long term capital plan, and ensure that any capital upgrades or additions are done in the least disruptive way possible.
• Is the liaison between CBS and the Mayor's Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcast, and facilitates permits when necessary.
• Knowledge of studio, post-production, and remote production required.
• 3-5 years of television production/operation experience required.
• Working knowledge of production finance and budgeting, and manpower/facility scheduling required.
• Must be familiar with MediaPulse, Microsoft Excel, Word, and the other Office 365 components.
• Must be able to work effectively under extreme time pressure without becoming flustered or distracted.
• Must work well with producers, directors, talent, talent representatives, vendors, and all levels of management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kz9z-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.