Contracts Assistant, Young Readers
New York, NY
Staff Writer (Wrestling), ComicBook.com
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
ComicBook.com, is an entertainment media company for a generation passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises. From movie and tv news to comics, anime, gaming, and franchises like The Walking Dead, Star Wars, Star Trek, Netflix and WWE, ComicBook.com speaks to a genre of fans that eat, sleep and play amidst today's pop/geek culture. Our comprehensive team of experts and newsmakers talk directly with the entertainers and the creators of the industry, as well as the community at large, providing fans an authentic, one-of-a-kind view of the entertainment landscape.
Comicbook.com is looking for a new team member who is passionate and knowledgeable about the world of professional wrestling, including the different major promotions (WWE, AEW, Impact, New Japan), its wrestlers, on-screen personalities, podcasts and fan groups (Squared Circle, UpUpDownDown, Twitter). In this role, you play a key part in our news desk, covering general news throughout the day, reporting on major events from weekly wrestling programs and monthly pay-per-views all while providing content to our multiple social media outlets.
• Report and provide written updates on all things pro wrestling
• Write national features based on interviews performed
• Cover weekly WWE, AEW and Impact televised shows and monthly pay-per-views, recapping events as they happen and fan reactions on social media
• Post within the comments section on site and on social media to interact with fans by providing news, analysis and insight.
• Build relationships and develop sources in the pro wrestling world to provide premium information and break news. Be able to discern between legitimate sources/news outlets and fabricated gossip
• Provide original content to help grow our audience and connect with readers
• Work with editorial to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A successful candidate must possess the following:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or other related field
• Previous professional experience reporting on professional wrestling
• Ability to conduct professional interviews both in-person and over the phone/Zoom
• Ability to collaborate well with other reporters
• Self motivation as well as ability to work within a team dynamic