Manager, Business Development & Analytics
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
247Sports is a digital enterprise focused on delivering original college sports and recruiting news on a team-by-team basis to passionate sports fans across the world through a spectrum of platforms. 247Sports is part of CBS Sports Digital -- a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBSSports.com, MaxPreps and SportsLine -- is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans monthly across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices.
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about College football, basketball and athletics. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our College Football coverage - providing content for our fans and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them on our message boards.
• Report and provide free and premium written updates on college football, basketball and athletics.
• Write or contribute to national features
• Cover collegiate football, basketball games and other key events throughout the year to gather unique content for our users and subscribers.
• Post on team site message board communities and interact with fans by providing news, analysis and insight on college athletics.
• Build relationships and develop sources to provide premium information and break news.
• Provide original and quality team content to help grow audience and message board community.
• Work with national editorial to provide comprehensive coverage on national news.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Experience covering and reporting on college football
• Must be able to travel and work flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Experience in multimedia especially shooting and editing photos and doing video.
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
You might also have -
• Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
• Experience on camera for video features around football and basketball coverage