Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Paramount Global.
What We Need in a Senior UI/UX Designer
Noggin is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer who's passionate about designing clean and intuitive interfaces for kids. You will make learning exciting through fun, narrative-driven interactive experiences. Most of your work will be communicating design concepts and crafting experiences through sketches, wireframes, and mockups.
You will be a bold advocate for the user, always thinking about the goals and interests of the kids, parents, educators, and others who will be using the experiences that you craft! You should be passionate about creating intuitive experiences that also will surprise and delight our preschool audience at every opportunity.
You are a self-starter and a great communicator. You're driven to design, test, and learn to get to the right solution. You should be naturally curious, conducting secondary research and checking out competitors' apps and other experiences inside and outside of the digital education space to gain insights and inspiration for your design work. The ideal candidate will have a background in the kids' digital learning space.
Overview & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with interactive Play Along Video project teams through the design process from research through implementation
• Create and iterate on wireframes, prototypes, UI comps, annotations, diagrams, and any other details to convey designs based on user needs and given business goals
• Work closely with Studio Head and Creative Leads to further develop the UI/UX vision and help establish principles and processes for the PAV team
• Collaborate with fellow UX/UI designers to establish and ensure high-quality standards for interaction models, user flows, design patterns, and assets across Noggin to deliver a cohesive and intuitive user experience
• Partner fellow UX/UI designers to help build and maintain an intuitive and scalable design system and pattern libraries
• Assist in onboarding and mentoring junior UI/UX designers on the team
• Proven experience in UI/UX design for early childhood learning products with demonstrable knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices for preschool
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills; proactive in seeking feedback
• Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Experience designing interfaces and creating user flows, low- and high-fidelity wireframes, and interactive mockups
• Knowledge of graphic design concepts like typography, kerning, use of color, and grid systems
• Experience using, building, and maintaining intuitive and scalable design systems and design pattern libraries
• Relentless drive to create the best possible experience for our preschool audience and to help evolve it over time
• Strong portfolio with examples of individual and group projects, showing both the final product and your process for getting there
• A passion for turning complex issues and requirements into clean, simple, aesthetically pleasing experiences
• Experience with design sprints / agile methodologies
• Experience with game design concepts
• Knowledge of the capabilities of code and modern development platforms like Unity, along with an interest in learning technical requirements and limitations
• Knowledge of the Nick Jr. brand and characters
• Knowledge / strong interest in early childhood education
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zeeq-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.