Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
We are on the look-out for an experienced, proactive and passionate Senior Analytics Director to join our newly formed Streaming team. In this incredibly exciting role you will take control of the Business Analytics segment for our 3 streaming services; Pluto, My5 and Paramount+, when this launches in the very near future.
This is an extremely interesting time to be joining ViacomCBS and a newly formed team, with a ''Start Up'' mentality, as we look to undertake a challenge we have never done before! We are building a new team providing a specific focus on growing and improving our UK streaming service, My5 and Pluto TV. ViacomCBS are one of the biggest spenders on content in the world, and with an ever more growing digital world improving and bolstering our streaming service is pivotal to our mission statement and continued success.
This role will be responsible the analytics function within the growth team for the UK streaming business, conducting analysis, and delivering impactful insights for My5, Pluto, MTV Play and Noggin. You will lead a small analytics team spanning business, products and content analytics verticals. In addition to managing a team, you will be the principal analyst for the growth analytics vertical, identifying insights that mobilise multi-functional teams around the most attractive growth opportunities across acquisition, engagement and retention.
• Provide analysis and insights supporting overall UK streaming business(es) with a focus on key growth metrics for VCNI UK's streaming products such as ARPU analysis, cohort analysis, CAC analysis, CLV analysis, CLV/CAC ratios, customer acquisition/conversion by marketing channel, Funnel testing / funnel ratios
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets to improve methodological decision-making process across UK streaming products
• With UK streaming leader and UK growth leader, identify key performance metrics, business questions and reporting needs
• Build and disseminate reports and analysis in a regular fashion (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual and ad hoc) and develops new reporting templates and datasets to support shifting business needs
• Lead a team of 3-5 UK streaming analytics roles, comprised a mix of direct reports and dotted reports
• Work with the extended VCNI data and analytics team and partners to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, integration, compliance etc.
• Maintain Adobe analytics / other relevant systems / tools to ensure reliable data, and seamless operations
• Provide recommendations and share best practice to accelerate the adoption and utilisation of data driven mind-set within the streaming team
• Keep up to date with the latest industry trends, technical developments and techniques
• Communicate effectively, translate data to stories to support and simplify decision-making processes
• Work with internal or external partners to process, coordinate, and connect various data sources
• Provide thought leadership around standardization of data collection from multiple sources, as well as API-based data collection method
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• Ability to make decisions and work autonomously
• Good at simplifying the message
• Great teammate and collaborative
• Strong data manipulation skills and experience, comfortable running complex queries and creating new views on the data
• Familiarity with data ingestion, ETL processes and workflows on cloud infrastructure
• Experience working with distribution partners and on-boarding new distribution partners
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations
• Experience working with digital content and data visualisation software such as Tableau
• A solid grasp of statistical methods and how to apply them in real life situations
• Experience or an understanding of Adobe Analytics
• Microsoft Office, mainly Excel & PowerPoint
• SQL Programming language
• R/Python open-source programming language
• Superb communication and presentation skills
• Strong organisational, multitasking and attention to details
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International