Senior Counsel- Business and Legal Affairs - Animation
New York, NY
Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property - An exciting IP role is open in the Intellectual Property Legal team at ViacomCBS. You will be based out of either New York or Los Angeles. We seek an attorney with experience in trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement. The person will join a pro-active and longstanding team of attorneys, paralegals, trademark specialists and staff that support ViacomCBS and each of its businesses including Paramount+, BET, CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, Pluto TV, among others.
This position is responsible for providing intellectual property advice and counseling for our businesses and protecting certain divisions of the ViacomCBS trademark portfolio and copyright works. The role evolves as the media landscape evolves and we seek someone with proven experience adapting to change. The attorney will be responsible for clearance for titles and other content, prosecution and maintenance in the US and working with counsel in international jurisdictions for similar tasks. Trademark enforcement involves reviewing and advising clients of potential claims and infringements in various media, issuing cease and desist letters, preparing domestic oppositions, filing UDRPs and engaging and overseeing foreign counsel for foreign advice and oppositions, along with defending claims and drafting related agreements. Copyright enforcement involves analyzing copyright and other claims, including those that can succeed to address social media misuses. The attorney will work with the rest of the team to support the overall intellectual property protection efforts of the company worldwide.
• A minimum 5 years' experience with trademark portfolio management at a major law firm and/or an in-house position
• JD degree from accredited law school with bar admission; excellent academic credentials and continuing legal education in IP - member of New York or California bar
• Proficient in trademark law and copyright law and social media enforcement with proven success at influencing and using initiative to achieve results
• Computer proficiency, including trademark database and Internet
• Excellent analytical talent, with oral and written communications skills, suitable for busy business clients, and including presentations to peers and clients
• Ability to quickly obtain organizational and business awareness is a key success factor
• Superior work ethic, highly organized and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt legal work to the changing digital landscape
• Experience in the entertainment industry
• In-house trademarks experience
• TTAB experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kzy1-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.