Software Engineer - SportsLine
SportsLine is a subscription product from CBS Sports that offers premium picks from Vegas experts, advanced computer simulations and projections, and unique, compelling content.
We are seeking a skilled software engineer experienced in building web applications at scale. In this role, you will be creative, self-motivated, cross-functional, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills. To be successful at this job, you need to be a good team player, think outside of the box, have the ability to work in multiple languages and enjoy working in a cross-functional/DevOps culture.
• Developing web applications, tools and processes that feature SportsLine advanced stats Participate in scrum ceremonies - daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning
• Practice DevOps, write good tests and deploy continuously to prod with monitoring
• Review your teammate's design, code, provide constructive feedback and engage in good technical discussions and weekly deep dive sessions
• Partnering with producers, working in and across multiple teams to deliver scalable solutions
• Building new fantasy sports and daily fantasy sports products
• Creating new products focused on advanced sports statistics
• Develop Systems that are self-healing, self-aware, and reactive
• Building real-time mobile sports experiences on the desktop and mobile • Designing and building a new event driven, distributed, micro service architecture • Evangelists of best practices and cutting edge technologies ensuring we remain relevant
• Experience with test frameworks
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent team player and communicator capable of creating positive relationships across engineering, product and architecture
• Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring
Nice to have:
• Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (AWS preferred) and deploying web applications on EC2, containers or serverless technologies • Experience building back-end web services with functional coding languages and Spring framework
• Experience with DevOps, modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing and automated integration test, version control systems (GIT), issue tracking tools (Jira) and CI/CD related tools such as GoCD
• Sports enthusiast
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67qy9-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.