Overview and Responsibilities
The Social Media Manager for VidCon provides primary oversight of VidCon's 5–7 social media handles/platforms, including platform specific posting and content strategy and execution. Our global social media handles are used to promote any English-speaking event (VidCon US, VidCon London, VidCon Asia) and VidCon Now (our ongoing digitally-delivered experience) and engage with our growing, global fanbase 365 days a year as an extension of the VidCon brand.
The Social Media Manager consults on social strategy and creative for VidCon's international events. This role works proactively and collaboratively across departments to craft creative, innovative, and successful organic social media campaigns that increase VidCon's brand awareness amongst its key audiences, drives successful global expansion, and tracks the effectiveness of marketing methods. This person should have experience in social media, growing audiences and engagement across multiple platforms reaching a variety of audiences, and using data to inform decision making. Experience in live and/or digital/virtual events is a plus.
As a social-first brand, VidCon's social media handles play an integral role in the marketing team's overall objective of promoting ticket sales for live events, tune-in for virtual events, and growing brand awareness and engagement with its key audiences year-round. Responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain VidCon's social strategy across platforms, inclusive of creating and maintaining a content calendar and generating social-first creative for the platforms they oversee
• Establish strategy on a platform by platform basis with the goal of growing audiences and engagement, potential attendees across audience tracks, creators, brands, executives, talent agents and more
• Produce innovative creative that is consistently on-trend and relevant
• Ideate new social-first promotional contests and/or campaigns to drive engagement and/or ticket sales
• Play an active role in building ''1 to 1'' relationships with our social audience by interacting with followers in an authentic way
• Be the eyes and ears of VidCon at live events, covering what is happening in real time on VidCon's social handles with the objective of driving impressions, engagement, and FOMO
• Establish success metrics/KPIs and report regularly on how our strategy measures against them; analyze all efforts and translate data/observations into recommendations to pivot strategy accordingly to drive further success
• Play a key role in the ongoing establishment and evolution of our editorial voice, ensuring all communications are positively and authentically reflecting the brand
• Collaborate with VidCon's Creator Partnerships Team and creators and their talent managers to engage Featured Creators across their platforms in support of VidCon and VidCon's objectives
• Monitor follower commentary and feedback in an ongoing way, flagging both good and bad things as necessary to the executive team
• Track trends in social media platforms, tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
• Bachelor's degree in a marketing or business-related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in social media, marketing, or related role
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in the oversight of social media for a brand
• Minimum 3 years of experience within entertainment, media, or advertising/marketing company – agency experience is a highlight
• Proficiency in Photoshop and video editing, Microsoft Office and Google Drive
• Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication & presentation skills
• Familiarity with VidCon a huge plus!
• Willingness to work hard and have fun!
• Knowledge of the digital media landscape, its creators, its culture, and its fandom
• Demonstrated love for social media and a deep knowledge of its past, present, and future, inclusive of each platform. Focus on emerging platforms
• Expertise in use of and growing audiences on Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Discord
• Experience with talking to various audiences with an ability to move them to action
• Working knowledge of social media content management and analytics tools
• A forward thinker with a positive attitude, willingness to be collaborative, and an ability to be solutions-oriented and flexible
• Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and initiative, specifically in the social space
• Strong strategic, tactical, and linguistic skills
• Deadline and detail oriented, skilled multitasker and prioritize time and tasks
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment