VP Enterprise Solution Delivery
New York, NY
The ViacomCBS Technology organization is seeking an SVP, Technology Strategy & Operations to support the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in the planning and execution of its transformational technology initiatives. This newly created position will serve as a key member of the Technology Senior leadership team. Reporting to the CTO, the SVP, Technology Strategy & Operations is responsible for supporting the CTO in near-term and long-range planning activities, setting strategy for the organization, and aligning with organizational objectives.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional planning and organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion. The SVP role will have an integral part in translating not only our strategy into clear communications, reports, and actionable initiatives. But they will also support project execution and articulating their benefit to the organization.
This strategic SVP role will work closely with the technology leadership to build on their departmental plans and consolidate the necessary reporting and communications for the CTO and other key stakeholders and senior leaders across ViacomCBS.
This role will also support the ongoing assessment of the viability and return on investment for planned initiatives, establishing and maintaining visibility into strategic and financial performance of the organization and proactively identifying opportunities to support the growth of ViacomCBS or realize efficiencies within the technology portfolio.
Partnering closely with financial and operational leaders throughout the technology organization and business units to create metrics and financial reporting structures, identify efficiency and growth opportunities and gather input into and feedback in the definition of the technology strategy.
• Work closely with CTO on all activities and support completion of ongoing actions of the Office of the CTO
• Lead strategic planning efforts across the ViacomCBS TECH portfolio
• Manage a team of senior level employees, coach and monitor team performance and report on key metrics. Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
• Provide support to the CTO and other technology leaders, advising and driving the articulation of strategy
• Establish reporting and communications support for Office of the CTO to ensure operational, financial and strategic key results are clearly understood within the tech team and with key stakeholders fro Viacom CBS TECH
• Drive strategic and long-range planning activities for the technology organization, aligning with strategic objectives and supporting the growth of ViacomCBS
• Work with the finance team as they maintain cross-departmental financial governance, support and reporting processes to gain visibility into technology spend throughout ViacomCBS, allowing for the identification of opportunities and efficiencies
• Drive the annual strategic planning process with finance and leadership to ensure key deliverables on communications and strategic narrative are clear
• Work closely with Vendor Management and tech leadership on strategic 3rd party relationships when necessary
• Drive benchmarking and analysis of strategic and financial performance on an ongoing basis to identify areas of opportunity and investment
• Establish analytical capabilities to assess and articulate the return on investment of strategic initiatives, advising the CTO and other senior technology leaders in the viability of initiatives and strategies proposed
• Create key metrics to measure the effectiveness and impact of strategic initiatives undertaken
• Proactively identify efficiencies and opportunities to support growth throughout ViacomCBS
• Assist the CTO and other senior technology leaders in organizational planning and design to support the execution of the technology strategy
• BA or BS college degree a minimum. Advanced degree in business management or technology a plus.
• 10+ years experience working in technology, technology planning or operations roles
• Prior experience in management consulting or a similar role a plus
• Strong track record in strategic and tactical business analysis and planning
• Ability to scope, organize, and successfully direct large projects
• Strong understanding of strategic financial planning, accounting, and/or cost management in the technology domain
• Experience developing and operating in an large scale enterprise technology function
• Track record of transformation and innovation in enterprise technology capabilities
• Knowledge of technology and extensive understanding of technology's role in financial planning and management
• Ability to lead, motivate, and develop a talented staff
• Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a business partner across all levels of an organization
• Experience driving cost savings and organizational optimization
• Quick learner with a professional demeanor, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines with urgency and professionalism
• Proficient communication in oral and written forms, presenting information for executives and the company-at-large, and in motivating and clearly directing teams across the organization
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.