Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Data plays a central role at Paramount +. As part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), supporting our ''growth'' teams and fomenting a culture of statistically sound, iterative testing is a crucial part of our success. We drive business, product, and operational decisions through variant testing by providing rich data, strategic insights, and product enhancement decision-support. We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Testing & Optimization Analyst who is passionate about data and entertainment and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This role will primarily work on, though not limited to, marketing initiatives related to our subscription streaming product, Paramount+. Paramount+ is our premier streaming service. You can watch all your favorite hit CBS shows, originals, CBS classics, and live TV with additional content from BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Smithsonian Channel, plus hundreds of movies. There's something for every mood and every family member.
Shape the future of ViacomCBS's digital offerings, products, and services through high-quality, disciplined, data-backed analyses and recommendations through testing and optimization. Partner with Product Teams to identify creative solutions, suggest feature enhancements, and optimize the user experience across a variety of digital platforms. Implement and analyze A|B tests across our products while maintaining strong business and cross-functional relationships to provide credible decision support.
Responsible for assessing test performance and organizing multiple tests and timelines while communicating effectively across all business units. Summarize and quantify test results and effectively present & communicate them to various stakeholders with recommendations for go-forward strategies.
• Leverage site and audience data to draw insights, develop hypotheses, and proactively recommend testing opportunities
• Design and conduct A|B tests using Optimizely Full Stack. Develop test plans, define success metrics, analyze and transform raw data into actionable insights, and communicate test results to stakeholders
• Monitor tests throughout their lifecycle to ensure testing fidelity and validity
• Project value of potential recommended and implemented tests
• Develop and standardize test reporting and analysis approach and templates
• Synthesize learning and socialize with senior leaders and key stakeholders
• Develop relevant test success metrics beyond conversion
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BA/BS or three years of relevant work experience in a digital and analytical field
• Three years of experience with AB testing tools, like Optimizely or Adobe Target
• Knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (AB, MVT, etc.)
• Strong experience in web analytics, video analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Experience with standard statistical analysis and techniques
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, R, Python
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
You might also have -
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89kk9-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.